Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Helen Saxon
    • By MSE Helen Saxon 16th Mar 16, 5:06 PM
    • 75Posts
    • 42Thanks
    MSE Helen Saxon
    Lifetime ISAs guide
    • 16th Mar 16, 5:06 PM
    Lifetime ISAs guide 16th Mar 16 at 5:06 PM
    Hi!

This is the discussion thread for the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks folks,
Page 47
    • soniashah
    • By soniashah 20th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    soniashah
    Buy to let and first time buyer?
    Hi All

If I have a buy to let mortgage, am I still considered a first time buyer? Just wondering if I'd qualify to get a LISA.

Thanks in advance
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 20th Sep 17, 9:50 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    Alexland
    BTL means you own property so are not a FTB. Govt don't care what mortgage deal you have - that's between you and your bank. You could still have a LISA to save and withdraw at 60.
    Last edited by Alexland; 20-09-2017 at 9:52 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,060Posts Today

6,526Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin