Bt reward problem claiming

Comments

• I signed up on July 20 and have just been in contact with MSE who say you have to wait 45 days for the Mastercard reward card.Rather annoyingly,if I had waited 4 weeks for the current offer the Mastercard would be worth £150 instead of £80 and the monthly cost would be £14.74 instead of the £26.24 it's now costing me.Wish I owned a crystal ball.
  • sghughes42
    sghughes42 Posts: 471 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Answering my own post here, I managed to get on to someone from BT who said it can take up to 15 days from date of activation before the reward becomes available to claim.

On the reward claim website it actually says you should be able to claim from the date the service is activated which is confusing.

I've also seen various things saying 20, 30 and 45 days before the card will arrive.

Doesn't seem the best organised promotion in terms of availability of information...
  • sghughes42 wrote: »
    Answering my own post here, I managed to get on to someone from BT who said it can take up to 15 days from date of activation before the reward becomes available to claim.

On the reward claim website it actually says you should be able to claim from the date the service is activated which is confusing.

I've also seen various things saying 20, 30 and 45 days before the card will arrive.

Doesn't seem the best organised promotion in terms of availability of information...

From personal experience, don't bank on it showing after the 15 days from activation. I'd use the contact us form now :

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090

To be fair, they responded within 24 hours and said my reward card would be sent, albeit within 30 days.
  • jiggy2
    jiggy2 Posts: 470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Exactly what i had to do as well - nothing showed up in the BT Reward section - so got in touch using the Contact us section and they manually ordered the gift card after checking the order.
  • bILLO
    bILLO Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2017 at 10:44AM
    'm having the same problem as the original post - Cable not accepting liability for the £50 cash back but i did receive part of the promise that was £150 debit card ? - BT not accepting liability! - claim form filled in and Numerous phone calls all i get is you must have gone through other sites although they used the BT Logo ?? and advertising BT in fact the link i used was via MoneySaverExpert ?:mad:So BT in denial of the £50 cash back so who processed the £150 debit card "BT" False Trading to not to accept the other part of the deal !!if you go on BT Forum website we are not the only ones being conned out of the £50 cash back
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    bILLO wrote: »
    BT in denial of the £50 cash back so who processed the £150 debit card "BT" False Trading to not to accept the other part of the deal !!

Did you take a screen grab of the £50 offer? I always try to remember, in case problems like this come up. The £150 debit card was offered by BT.

There was extra cashback offered by quidco and topcashback when I signed up, I think I used quidco and that has come through. I don't remember cable being one of the options, so I didn't check it out. Maybe it didn't track due to a web browser issue.
  • DiscountofMonteCristo
    DiscountofMonteCristo Posts: 34 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 19 September 2017 at 3:48PM
    At the end of August I signed up with BT for this deal: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/23-08-2017/#bband It promises a £150 BT Reward Card.

After claiming the reward, I was sent a notification email that said a £125 reward card would be on its way.

I used the contact form in the rewards section of the BT website to ask why/how come the £150 was reduced to £125. I got this reply:

"We have checked your BT Reward card claim and can confirm that you’re eligible to receive one.
    I have therefore arranged for a £125 Prepaid Master card to be sent to your installation address
    to arrive within the next 30-45 working days."

This clearly does not address my query. I have written to MSE Voucher Support and will be following this up with BT.

These links are relevant:
    http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55078/kw/reward/c/346,402,404
    https://www.vouchers.bt.com/claim-my-reward/
    https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It looks as though the offer has actually changed and the person sending the message is using the current one, which is lower.

When I moved to PlusNet,between ordering and getting a service,their voucher offer reduced, so I messaged to check the situation and was told that you get the offer which is current when your order is taken. (I checked to make sure they stuck to this and they did.)
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    When exactly did you place your order?
    The £150 reward ended on 24th to be replaced with £125 which ended 31st
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts