RBS PPI Offer What next ??

Comments

• Had the text from RBS this morning saying that payment would be received within 7 days, checked my RBS account and the full amount was already there!!! :j Less than a week from returning my signed acceptance form, well done RBS, seems that they have got their finger out and sorting payments quite quickly. :T
  • Cupcake_63
    Cupcake_63 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Thats brilliant, I got my text on Tuesday, but still no payment yet! Well done you, lets hope mine comes soon.
  • Please can you advise me? I have been offered a “good will payment” from RBS for PPI on a Mint Credit Card but they want to take the amount off the outstanding balance and not send me a cheque for the amount. Do I have to accept this or am I entitled to the cash?

I am not in arrears with the credit card and as I didn’t ask for the policy I didn’t sign to say I agreed to terms and conditions of refunds so If I would like my cash am I not entitled to Cash???

Best wishes
  • Cupcake_63
    I'm not an expert, but if you don't have a balance on your credit card then they should give you the cash back. If I were you I would ring them and tell them this.

Someone else who also had a Mint Credit Card told me that they put their PPI refund on her credit card but she said the FOS corrected them and said that their method of refund was not acceptable and in the end after complaining, she received a cheque from them.

So give them a ring a state you don't agree with this method of payment.

Good luck.
  • I do have a balance but am up to date with my payments.
  • Cityboydal
    Cityboydal Posts: 31 Forumite
    I'd tell them that you require a cheque and see what they say. If you aren't in arrears then what is their problem, they will make more money back on the interest on the remaining balance with them than if they reduce it.
  • Cupcake_63
    Thats a very good point, but I think they usually offset it against the debt even if you make regular payments to the credit card. Its certainly worth trying to ask them to send a cheque as your preferred method of payment. Good luck.
  • November08
    November08 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Sent my reply to RBS saying accept providing they give me a cheque as I have never signed to say I agree to their refund policy because I never signed to say I wanted the PPI cover in the 1st place. So just waiting to see what their reply will be????? fingers crossed!
  • teddy161
    teddy161 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi I have recieved an offer from RBS returned my acceptance form on 27th May. Spoke to one of the customer service staff they have told me a cheque for the full amount has been requested and I should recieve this by mid July!!!! apparantly due to the bank holidays?? wow how long does it take to sign a cheque. How long is the process supposed to take when they quote 8 weeks?? one else finding this problem?
  • beagles_2
    beagles_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi Ninja boy im in the process of doing the same sent my details off to same address in manchester of 6 loans dating from april 2000 do u have any idea how much your loans were for mine are roughly 15000 in total if i get as much as u i will be very happy i too have one loan with rbs in the hands of someone else but its not that great an amount and wondering also wether they will take it off or give me the money and sort it from there
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure