reputable company for unsecured loans

cezilxx
cezilxx Posts: 2 Newbie
hi i have about 15000 debt on credit cards, i dont own my house as i live in one of my father in laws properties, with the interest it seems like i will be paying them off forever, does anyone know of a reputable company that would give me a loan with a fair credit rating?

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    How much do you earn? If its less than £50k+ then you'll be very unlikely to find anywhere who will give you a loan sufficent to pay off those debts - even with a very good credit rating. Any potential lender will consider the new loan as additional credit on top of what you owe on the cards (as you might blow the loan and not pay off your cards), and so they will assess whether you can afford to repay £30k of debt. If you are stuggling to repay £15k, I'd guess they'd judge you couldn't afford the repayments on £30k of debt.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    borrow more debt to pay off debt.....not the best approach.... to cut down on your expenditure is the only magic bullet available.
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure