We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Comments

• rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 December 2012 at 1:44PM
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Yes, it's from the neighbour's caravan advert. ;)

The neighbour's house was up for sale some years ago. When it first hit the market, the extent of their garden land wasn't clear, so I was briefly interested. I'm not sure that it ever sold.

It was only when I looked at your place aerially that I worked out that you were 'next door neighbours' to the caravan house. :)
    The static caravan neighbour's house is on the market ?again if it's the one you meant. I think they have an acre back garden

Beautiful fencing, Dave! I think we have "a Pete" type, the guy who put our fence up. He's a lovely bloke, a local farmer and contractor, and gets the job done at a reasonable price. Very busy, mind.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    rozeepozee wrote: »
    The static caravan neighbour's house is on the market ?again if it's the one you meant. I think they have an acre back garden
    Beautiful fencing, Dave! I think we have "a Pete" type, the guy who put our fence up. He's a lovely bloke, a local farmer and contractor, and gets the job done at a reasonable price. Very busy, mind.

A wee bit less than an acre, I'd say, and a large chunk is pond.
    Surely, if it was a great bargain, it would have sold by now?

I haven't quoted the link because you may want to remove it later. After years of not saying where anything is, Phillip Ling now supplies a map, which also shows pretty much where you are! :eek:

The Petes of this world will always be busy. :)
  • Davesnave wrote: »
    No, he hasn't an inkling, which is probably a Good Thing, as he's not the sort of person who'd seek publicity.

He's a 'do it all' farmer, and as such, an endangered species. Not many left who keep the 3 main four leggeds, grow their own feed and do forestry & fencing part-time. ;) Oh, and he's trained in agri mechanics too. :)

We only have 3 rails down the side of our plot, where we see it a lot.

The 'do it all' is pretty normal with smaller family farms, Dave. It has to be. It's one thing living in a beautiful area but ask any one of them & they'll tell you that you can't live off a beautiful view.

Around here they double as fencers, agricultural contractors, postmen, mechanics, bottled water producers, caterers &, of course, the old farmer's wife pin money job - holiday providers.

Keeping a family on the proceeds of a few hundred acres can be a precarious business which depends on the whims of weather, disease & market prices. Better to have another "steady" income to fall back on if necessary.

Pete's done a good job there. How come you've used full rounds & not halves? I'm guessing they came cheap?
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    hi all

this is not my week ! still probs with bayer !:mad:

my fuel is not coming today but now friday.... they have 2 drivers down and are working flat out..[one fell over on rubbish left by a customer beside her tank and fractured his leg..:o ]

i have cracked a tooth which i found when i slurped my HOT cuppa this morning...:eek:

i have an airport run this afternoon so hope to get dentist app tomorow...no hot tea for me ...:(

mabel decided to go for a walk..:eek: up the road..:eek::eek: i think someone had gone into paddock and RAN out taking fence with them !!?? a bucket of goodies coaxed her back....SLOWLY !
    cars were passing with drivers laughing thier heads off...:D

anyway, it can only get better ??

CTC. at this rate im not gonna make friday but WILL get the shelving to you asap..:)

so peeps, hows your week?? gotta be better than mine :rotfl::rotfl:

the guy that did our new horse fencing is great as well. straight as an arrow and he did a hell of a lot ! ruby demolished the old in places, doesnt know her own strength [but showed how they were just hanging in there....]

anyway..i am freezing here . and desperate for a cuppa so am looking for a straw ...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    In other news, citizens of Torrington, fed up with the publicity and attention Verity has generated for Ilfracombe, have commissioned their own sculpture, Taddiport Tiffany.

rtki39.jpg