Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    dseers335
    0 WOW
    Beware - Goldcar Car Rentals Spain
    • 22nd Sep 10, 6:02 PM
    0 WOW
    Beware - Goldcar Car Rentals Spain 22nd Sep 10 at 6:02 PM
    I booked a trip to Alicante airport for myself and my girlfriend. We wanted to hire a rental car and ended up booking with a hire company called Goldcar.

They seemed quite cheap and already have "all-inclusive" insurance included so it sounded good.

I will make sure I never go near this company again.

Firstly, when we arrived we had to queue for just over an hour before getting to the front of the desk. Being peak-season we weren't too suprised and, although inconvenient, we could bare this.

When we reached the desk the rep was very abrupt and bordered of rudeness. This didn't really bother me (at the end of the day this guy was working and had a lot of holiday-makers to get through).

When we had finished with the details the rep asked if I wanted "full CDW insurance" or just "basic" cover for tyres and glass. Now, as I have hired cars several times in the past I am fully aware of exclusions (tyres/glass/keys etc) and so replied that I did not require any extra insurance and my credit card covers for the tyre/glass etc charge - but did query the "full CDW insurance" he was offering. The man looked at me and said "if you are involved in a crash then we will need to charge you for all repairs". I told him that this was already included in the cost I had paid for the hire and highlighted the wording on my voucher which backed up my understanding. "it is not correct. if you have a crash you only have 3rd party and we will take a 5000.00EUR excess-deposit until the repairs are worked out" - using these words exactly. The rep was basically telling me I had zero cover whereas the paperwork I had and the website tells me I was all-inclusive.

After several more minutes of this I agreed to take the extra cover so I could enjoy the rest of my holiday stress-free and had to pay up a further 60.00EUR.

The rep just handed me an electronic paid to sign which had no indication of what I was paying for or agreeing to exactly. A few days later I inspected the contract to see that the total price and been converted to GBP with a 2% mark-up, the cost of fuel was priced at 82.00EUR and I was charged for some kind of diesel-upgrade on top without my consent (I had booked a petrol!).
    The vehicle itself had some problems but it is rare to be given a perfect rental car, especially in Spain, so this was OK.

When I got home I sent an email to my broker ("Carjet") who confirmed my understanding of the insurance (all-inclusive except for the tyres/glass etc). They could not really disagree as I was going by the wording on their's/Goldcar's website.

Carjet then contacted Goldcar with my complaint to get to the bottom of it. After a few weeks, Goldcar replied to say that their rates were all-inclusive except for a few minor items and they did not take any deposit in case of a crash. Goldcar said that I must have misunderstood due to the language barrier and the cover I had taken was only cover for punctures/loss of keys etc and their rates included in more just 3rd party.

After a few more emails back and forth Goldcar closed the case stating "we can't refund when the client has signed the contract".
    This email probably makes me sound like newbie who doesn't read the small print but I really am not (it gives me something to do during the flight!). My partner also backs up entirely what I have said and encouraged my to write this.

That's my review. Stay away from Goldcar if it can be helped. The salesmen at the desk will lie to you outright in order to make an extra few Euros commission.

I have prebooked my next trip and Carjet were able to arrange the car hire through "Solmar" this time for the same price.
Page 4
    • thriftytracey
    • By thriftytracey 23rd Apr 13, 5:46 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    thriftytracey
    Gold Car
    Actually it does state "Product Total Damage Excess Waiver" in the voucher.
    • Airedalejoe
    • By Airedalejoe 30th Apr 13, 9:11 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Airedalejoe
    I'm sure most people are aware of the web site TRIP ADVISOR, have a look on there at the section 'Top Questions' re car hire on the Canary Islands, same 2 or 3 companies always recommended and the one to avoid at all costs is Goldcar!!
    • woffle99
    • By woffle99 7th May 13, 1:55 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    woffle99
    Thanks everyone for the stories. I had booked Goldcar (through rentalcars.com) but have now cancelled (for free thankfully). Very annoying that lots of these websites won't let you book while seeing who you are going to get.

Can anyone suggest who to go to instead. Europcar looks fairly good to me?
  • shaynemawer
    hi all, just come back from Tenerife and i'd recommend AutoReisen (was recommended to me) ok cars have a few little scuffs on them but at no point was they checked over when you return and in the time it took for me to check in at the desk the poor guy who was already at Goldcar's desk next to me was still arguing over extra insurance and fuel price they was trying to charge. Theres no need to buy any other insurance and was told to bring car back with roughly same fuel as went out, give or take a little. Also this older chap decided after getting to the airport he no longer needed a car and AutoReisen were excellent, just asked his name so they could sort car out in case of another customer and wished him a happy holiday..
    • pompeyrich
    • By pompeyrich 8th May 13, 4:16 PM
    • 3,047 Posts
    • 3,078 Thanks
    pompeyrich
    Thanks everyone for the stories. I had booked Goldcar (through rentalcars.com) but have now cancelled (for free thankfully). Very annoying that lots of these websites won't let you book while seeing who you are going to get.

Can anyone suggest who to go to instead. Europcar looks fairly good to me?
    Originally posted by woffle99
    You can see who you are booking with on the Holiday Autos website before you commit to a rental.

Get a quote, then click on car details, just below the picture of the car, then click on "further information" and finally "picking up your car". The first word or two states the car hire company. On the "fuel conditions" the fuel policy is clearly stated too. Some of the insurance excesses are high though so be sure to check them out or organise excess insurance beforehand.

If you have a discount shoppping "reward" site at work, Youatwork or similar, using the link from there drops the price 10%, around £65 a week in June or £95 a week in August with Hertz.
  • antigoldcar
    Goldcar is a fraud
    This is the email I already sent to carhire3000 in terms of complaining about "GOLDCAR", But I didnt receive any reasonable and satisfactory reponse, So I am going to publish it in public.

That was one my worst experiences I had with car rental in my life and I really I felt I am rubbed.

One part of this feeling is devoted to TravelJigsaw ( CAREHIRE3000) and one part is about GoldCar company

1) In the time of reservation you don't inform you customers about the position of the car rental company in the airport. I loosed 2 hours of my trip because of that. this company doesn't have any office in the airport. they neither doesn't have any sign in the airport that passengers should stay where. If I knew that this company doesnt have office at airport I may never booked the car from this company

2) You must inform customers before booking or any action about the company that they are going to book. Personally from now on I will never get a car from "GOLDCAR" and I strongly prevent all people I know to not book from this company. this company behavior to customers is not at the satisfactory level.

3) About the deposit , you or them never mentioned about 650 EUR deposit that they are going to block from my master card? I as a customer shouldn't know that how much money I need to put in my master card? after they blocked this amount they charged me 65 EUR for fuel cost for 40 Litr. in where and when you or them informed me as a customer about this stupid policy? I mean delivery of full fuel and return back of empty? who really can do this risk to deliver car empty? It is a fraud because we actually dont know that car is really full or 5 litr less than full. in the time of return back I had at least 10 litr more than empty. so simply you can see that this is a fraud. not in the time of booking nor in the voucher nothing was mentioned about this stupid policy.

4) After they blocked that 650 EUR, I didn't have enough amount in my checking account to pay that 155 EUR further costs. So I said I pay with cash, they say is not possible to pay by cash, I said I will pay with my wife master card, they said is not possible, I said I need WIFI access to transfer from my saving account to my checking account and they said we don't have WIFI access here. They didn't provide me another way of payment. I really was in a bad situation and stress. they made my first moments of my holiday stressful by their stupid service.

5) They even don't have any air conditioner in their office. for check-in and check-out customers should wait in a long Que in a hot temperature in the middle of desert ( their location of office!)

6) After lot of problems fortunately I could manage to transfer money from my saving account to checking account to be able to pay that 155 EUR!! but 30 minutes later when we experienced a problem with car and I tried to call their Support (SOS number) I realized that I am really rubbed. I called over 50 times to that number with high roaming costs charged to me. call then was connected but operator said something that all lines are busy. I heared this stupid message for at least one hour. I tried to call all numbers was mentioned on the paper they gave us. but non of that numbers worked !! no one responded. I even tried to find a number from carhire3000 ( Traveljigsaw) to at least they help us.
    This was mentioned in the voucher :

"Our offices are open between 8am and 10pm seven days a week, please contact us on 1800 535 571 or reservations@carhire3000.ie with any
    queries or questions"

A stupid thing was that no country code was mentioned for this number "
    1800 535 571", I tried to call 001800 535 571 , 0011800 535 571, 0044 1800 535 571 and 00377 1800 535 571 but non of them was true. even I tried without country code and also with my country code 00351 1800 535 571. but non of them worked.

Now my questions is when something happens to a car, it is definitely emergency, why no one was responsible? I am really angry about this. that hour was full of stress for I and my wife, it really made first moments of our holiday the worst moments. Who is responsible for our
    solatium ?

• jester68
    Another dissatified Goldcar customer!
    First time poster and really hacked off with the sharp practices of this company. Their fuel policy is frankly a rip off. You take the car with a full tank of fuel and have to return empty. In my case, I hired a Citroen Picasso which has a 60L tank capacity. They charged me €119!! That is 50% over the market rate plus the tank obviously has fuel in it when returned. The return empty policy is duplicated by others but I don't expect to be ripped off for the fuel in the first place! I understood that I had an inclusive insurance deal but they then charged me an extra €60 for 8 days with no explanation and failed to even advise the option of taking a €600 fully refundable deposit to cover those less likely claims such as wheel and window damage and lost keys. In short their policy seems to be attract you in with a low online quote and then heap on the extras. I thought I was paying £207 plus fuel, in fact they charged £363 all in by the time I had paid them. Strongly advise that you still well clear of this company. Never again.
  • hamed
    Goldcar is stealing your money
    I rented a car from Goldcar in Porto. They charged me almost 300 euro from a flat tyre (110 euro for truck and 185 euro for tyre!). After I noticed the tyre is flat, I call them, they told me the car is KIA and has guarranty for 2 years, so dont worry you are not going to pay. I accepted that the car is 2013 and has gurranty for 2 years, so instead chaging the tyre by myself, I asked the truck and take the car back to company! after arriving there, they charged me 185 euro for tyre, after 1 week I noticed they took 110 euro from my account for truck! without any informing or recipt! now they did not unblock my deposite of 900 euro yet!
    • mrs_scrooge
    • By mrs_scrooge 27th May 13, 9:49 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    mrs_scrooge
    Goldcar Malaga - queue to end all queues
    I recently booked a car though rentalcars.com. When I found out it was with Goldcar I googled Goldcar as I'd not heard of them. I didn't like what I read so cancelled the booking online the next morning and was refunded instantly. Then booked direct with Hertz who were the cheapest of the big names for that booking.

When we got to Malaga some of the rental companies had no queue, some had 3 or 4 in the queue (including ours) but the Goldcar queue was literally like nothing I'd ever seen before. We overheard one lady say she'd queued for 2 and a half hours to get to the front.The queue was growing as well...

We've been hiring cars in Europe for many years but I've now come to the conclusion that you get what you pay for. Last year we queued for an hour and a half in Italy with Auto Europa. Never again, my holiday time is too precious.

No problems with Hertz, professional service, full to full and speedy return.

So my advice would be - book direct or book where you can see who you are hiring from or book where you can cancel without charge if you don't like the company you've been allocated.
  • Lo-lo-lil
    Still terrible
    My partner and I have just returned from Spain and had a terrible experience with GoldCar. May I point out that we are not hire car newbs, he has a house over there and so we deal with Spanish hire car companies at least three times per year.

So we booked our hire car through rentalcars.com and were allocated GoldCar. At the time we didn't think much of it as the last time we booked through this website, we were more than pleased with the Hire Car provider. There was also a collision damage waiver included in the rental price which would indicate that if you have a collision, the cost would be waived (even in the T&C's this "collision damage waiver" is still not defined as what it is, there are a lot of "may"s and "if"s and the wording is very ambiguous). So when we arrived at the rental desk at Malaga, we were advised that I would have to pay a EUR600 deposit on my Credit Card and that if I had an accident, my card would be charged. This could have been any amount, and the representative was very keen to inform me that this could even be in excess of 5k. I then explained that I had paid for the "collision damage waiver" and he informed me that this only covers the body work of the car, and if damage was caused to any other part of the car, I would be charged. This set of huge alarm bells! As everyone knows, any collision can cause damage to internal components. So I called the website's customer service dept who explained that what the GoldCar representative was telling me was correct (it was amazing how quickly the agent was able to answer my query considering the T&C's don't even appear to know what "Collision Damage Waiver" actually means). The GoldCar representative then advised me that to ensure everything was covered, I would need to pay and addition EUR65 for the full cover. So my options were A) pay the additional EUR65 for something that I already thought was covered for or B) pay EUR600 on my credit card, costing me around £20 in charges, wait up to 3 weeks for it to be refunded and also fear that any damage, at any cost could be charge to my Visa. I decided to pay for the cover at EUR65. When I arrived at the car I was actually quite glad that I did. The car was a wreck! Dents and scratches all over, so there could have also been any kind of damage to the chasis which I truly believe they would have charged to me!

On top of this, their fuel policy is utter rubbish. They give you a full tank and insist that it is returned empty (which I'm sure you'd agree, is very hard to predetermine). So 1 tank of fuel cost me EUR100! Wow that was expensive fuel.

Also, when they get you to sign, they have you do this on an electronic pad and no where does it say what you are signing for. And when they give you the agreement, it's not in English so you still don't know what you've signed.

In total, I ended up paying an additional EUR165 at the desk (which they converted to £144.64, apparently I agreed to this). When I originally booked the car through rentalcars.com, it only cost me £134. That really is piling on the extras at the desk!

In summary, do not use GoldCar! On top of all of this, they are very rude, and love to scare monger you into paying for the additional cover.
  • Paul W
    GoldCar conned me as well and got caught!
    I hired from GoldCar at Alicante airport in May 2013. Had the usual 75 minute wait.

All was well until I returned the car. I was due to return the car by 1.30pm....I returned the car at 9.30am and followed their instructions "for a speedy return" to drop the keys in their safety deposit box as their car park office was unmanned.

On my return home they sent me an email "which might be of interest to me". They had charged me 36 Euros "late return fee". It was a battle and a half to get my money back even though I explained the plane I was catching took off at 1.20pm with me on it !! I had to threaten them with legal action in the end.

Stay away from them. They tried it on and they got caught!
  • abroct
    I am writing to describe the unfortunate experience I have just had with GoldCar. We were on holiday in Lisbon (okay, I know it's not in Spain as per title of this thread!), which originally was for four days, although due to a TAP overbooking turned into three days.

We had booked the car through Arguscarhire.com, which delivered the ‘cheapest’ result of GoldCar. When we picked up the car we were several times offered to pay extra for the waiver of the €1200 excess, which I declined. The company then demanded and took a pre-payment deposit of €1200. We proceeded up to the first floor of the car rental multi-story car park where we were taken to our car. The three of us inspected the car as best we could and had to highlight additional scratches and dents to the company rep who hadn’t seen them in his inspection. It was relatively dark and difficult to see these and you had to look very carefully. The rep did not inspect the glass and on a brief look we identified no issue with the windscreen.

We had an enjoyable few days golfing and returned the car, to an well lit reception area where the receiving rep inspected the car and discovered three small, insignificant chips on the windscreen. At this point, I immediately got suspicious as I could see how this was likely to pan out. I made the rep aware that this could not have happened during the course of driving the car and would have been there when we picked up the car. You notice when stones hit the windscreen, and we had not done so whilst driving. He however responded that his job was to report what he saw, and that we had to talk to the office who he phoned.

The office claimed that because of the chip which was near the centre top of the windscreen that the entire windscreen would need to be replaced at a cost of €448.95. The office manager went and got a photograph of the chip which he presented as evidence, even though in was unclear and no scale was present in the photograph.

The manner with which this was handled was so sketchy that the only conclusion I can draw is that this is fraud committed on behalf of the car hire company. It appears that the company waits for customers who do not take the insurance excess and then seek aspects to add to the bill. The chip can and should be repaired and does not warrant replacement of the entire windscreen. At most, I believe the company will repair the chip although I suspect that they won’t even do that. They might even leave it for the next unsuspecting customer. It is sad that the company is so desperate for additional revenue that its staff have to resort to this kind of short-term illegal revenue generation. Unfortunately they have you over a barrel, as you have already paid the deposit and it is your word against theirs. I had also to raise the issue of the unused fuel refund (only available if renting for three days or fewer) and received ¾ of the approx. €100 that I had paid.

A number of aspects were particularly shady:

· The pick-up floor is relatively dark whilst the returns floor is well lit.
    · The rep checking-out the car did not appear to inspect the windshield, whilst the returns rep inspected the windshield closely.
    · The office rep was straight away onto getting a photograph to ‘prove’ his case.
    · There was another customer who was in exactly the same situation as us.
    · There was no discussion of potential for repairing the chip, something that is commonly done. It was totally discarded as an option.
    · The company refused to provide me the check out/check in sheet for the previous driver of my hire car. I believe this would have shown the windshield chips that the company claims didn’t exist on checking out the car.

To all the people on this forum make sure that if you rent from GoldCar that you go with the excess waiver. Better still, avoid this company altogether and rent a car from a reputable firm that won’t go out of business in the next few years. I can only console myself with the hope that this kind of activity and lack of customer service will ultimately force them into bankruptcy.
    • thriftytracey
    • By thriftytracey 30th May 13, 4:07 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    thriftytracey
    Well - now back from 2 weeks in the Algarve. Managed to get our bags quickly and rushed to office to be 2nd in queue. Booking took ages and the office was very hot. Long, long queue of people waiting after us. Paid 89 euros for the tank of petrol which when empty cost 66 euros to fill (and fuel went up considerably before we filled up the tank). Got really hard sell about the excess protection for the items not covered, even though we had paid for an excess protection when booking with the broker. Refused politely. Inspected the car carefully, got the rep too add a few more scratches to those already on the paperwork. Delivered it back - the rep looked at it and said it was "OK". Now wondering if we will be scammed for a chip in the windscreen (not aware of any chips). Awaiting credit card bill with trepidation. All too much stress even if we don't get scammed. Never use them again.
  • drpaulbailey
    Avoid GoldCar.............
    Here is an e-mail I've recently sent to GoldCar. I'm not holding my breath!

To whom it may concern,

I would like to complain about the selling of insurance by a member of staff during my recent trip to Menorca.

I insisted 3 times that I did not wish 1st party insurance. I was told that I was not allowed to have the car unless I took extra insurance.

I was told that I would be charged 200 Euro for any minor scratches that occurred to the paint work of the car underneath the car! He said that the roads in menorca are very bad and I would certainly have a scratch that would be charge. (Roads in Menorca much better than in the UK!)

I asked 3 times but each time I was told no. I just wanted to have 3rd party insurance and a holding amount added to my card. I was told that I could not have 850 Euro held on my credit card.

I basically WAS NOT GIVEN THE OPTION to have the car without being charged the extra money for insurance I did not want.

I consider this to be fraudulent.

Please could you also confirm if your staff are on commission to get as many people as possible to take out extra insurance.

I am seeking a FULL REFUND of the insurance that I was forced to take out.

The service from the company was poor - I waited over 30 mins to get served on arrival. I was also told that I would have to take a full tank of fuel.
    When I returned the car, another family were also complaining that they had been forced to take out extra insurance they did not want. That family went as far as videoing what they were being told. They were told by staff it was illegal to video them in Spain and they called the Police!

Make NO mistake. The person who dealt with me spoke very good English - he understood perfectly and knew exactly what he was doing.. There was no language barrier problem here. I was blackmailed into taking the extra insurance. It was FRAUDULENT, and I wonder if the Spanish authorities who police this kind of activity are aware of it - it is clearly a systematic and regular occurrence within the company not a one off.

I have copied this e-mail to Auto Europe who hopefully will remove you from their list of Car Hire Firms if they consistently get bad feedback about your company.

I look forward to your response,

Please find enclosed the documents I completed at the time.

Many thanks,

Kind Regards,
    • NiftyDigits
    • By NiftyDigits 20th Jun 13, 12:56 PM
    • 10,287 Posts
    • 4,379 Thanks
    NiftyDigits
    I recently booked a car though rentalcars.com. When I found out it was with Goldcar I googled Goldcar as I'd not heard of them. I didn't like what I read so cancelled the booking online the next morning and was refunded instantly. Then booked direct with Hertz who were the cheapest of the big names for that booking.

When we got to Malaga some of the rental companies had no queue, some had 3 or 4 in the queue (including ours) but the Goldcar queue was literally like nothing I'd ever seen before. We overheard one lady say she'd queued for 2 and a half hours to get to the front.The queue was growing as well...

We've been hiring cars in Europe for many years but I've now come to the conclusion that you get what you pay for. Last year we queued for an hour and a half in Italy with Auto Europa. Never again, my holiday time is too precious.

No problems with Hertz, professional service, full to full and speedy return.

So my advice would be - book direct or book where you can see who you are hiring from or book where you can cancel without charge if you don't like the company you've been allocated.
    Originally posted by mrs_scrooge
    Was almost exactly the post I was about to write. Booked direct with Hertz. Walked off with the keys to a new BMW within ten minutes. Had already checked in online with them before I left. Can't argue with just over £20 per day. Full to full policy(or any policy you prefer).
    The Goldcar queue was ridiculous, across the floor and back up the ramp.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 27th Jun 13, 3:27 PM
    • 1,723 Posts
    • 754 Thanks
    nickcc
    Booked with Avis this year and joined their preference scheme so should be no queues and fuel is full/full plus already taken out the extra insurance with UK company, unlike 2 years ago with different rental company where waited 90 minutes before reaching front of queue then charged the extra for insurance and the usual full/mt fuel charge. Nice to learn from previous mistakes.
  • carcon1
    Goldcar Spain - don't use!!
    We had problems at Mercia airport. We pre booked a with Goldcar via Doyouspain. The total price should have been 37.12E (inc basic insurance) plus any fuel costs. The lady at the desk said they would give us a Golf as they did not have the Clio that we wanted. She got us to sign for the car and then took what we thought was a deposit.

Not a deposit but they had added a load of extra charges including upgrading the car (something we did not ask for or wanted).

When my Credit card bill arrived the cost of the car (not fuel) was charged at 133.56E.

Never use Goldcar Spain unless you have spare money to waste!
    Last edited by carcon1; 28-06-2013 at 2:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    • woffle99
    • By woffle99 10th Jul 13, 12:07 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    woffle99
    I went with Centauro in the end after cancelling Goldcar and am very glad I did.

The queue for Goldcar at Alicante airport was very long - over 20 or so people waiting, whereas it was two people at the desk for Centauro, and I had paid the extra 9 euros for the quick check-in which meant I could walk straight up to the car pick-up where there was no queue at all.

Very friendly service, the car was in A1 condition and the model I'd booked, and the full to empty requirement was no problem for me as I used the entire tank, just about. No unexpected charges since I returned it 5 days ago (so far anyway) . I'd happily use them again.
  • nico26
    I used Centuro as well Goldcar customers were waiting up to 2 hrs to pick up cars It was horrific. I booked through Carjet. You can pick who you want to hire with.
  • milton19700
    Looking at booking carhire through Holiday Autos but keen to avoid Goldcar ... from notes above ..

You can see who you are booking with on the Holiday Autos website before you commit to a rental.

Get a quote, then click on car details, just below the picture of the car, then click on "further information" and finally "picking up your car". The first word or two states the car hire company. On the "fuel conditions" the fuel policy is clearly stated too. Some of the insurance excesses are high though so be sure to check them out or organise excess insurance beforehand.

If you have a discount shoppping "reward" site at work, Youatwork or similar, using the link from there drops the price 10%, around £65 a week in June or £95 a week in August with Hertz.
    Originally posted by pompeyrich
    But I am lost - cannot see the "further information" section or the "picking up you car" bit ... can anyone help

Will Holiday Autos advise if I call them ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

243Posts Today

1,300Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin