PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Wednesday 29th June

Options

Comments

• esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all - Jackie O - WILL Post that book off to you today I promise! Managed to get both loads of washing dried yesterday - no rain at all - unless you count the water fight that the boys had in the back garden!!!! One load out already - another load done - 2 wet beds last night. Waiting until the boys are in school today before attempting to tidy up. Have the youngest off tomorrow so planning to spend it in the garden - need to do lots of weeding and general tidying up. Have to read my gardening books to see if my spuds are ready to lift - the leaves above ground have all fallen over - but that may be the weight of them I suppose.

WM now finished so better get on and get the next load in. Have freecycled a bed that we're not going to be needing, so need to get on and send a photo of it. Have a good day all - hugs to those in need xx

BB - LOVE THE SCARF XXXX WANT ONE FOR MY BOYS EACH X!!!
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Options
    The pattern is free on ravelry esmf
    http://www.ravelry.com/
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • jannyannie
    jannyannie Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Lovely sunny and fresh here this morning. No big storm for us which was a bit disappointing but it did rain. Also slept like a log as I was so tired. Will definitely try staying up all day when I come off nights again.

Waiting for washing to finish then I'll hang it out Off to do Mum's cleaning for her today. She has finally realised at the age of 84 she ought to have a bit of help! I feel really wrong as she wants to pay me the going rate, told her I didn't feel comfortable with it and that I would do it for free. However she's insisting, so I shall put it in a pot to save up for a holiday next year. I know when she had a cleaner before when she was ill, she wasn't comfortable with it at all even though she knew the person.

Then I'm off to the gym and then will clean my own house when I get home! Tea tonight is turkey salad from turkey I found in the freezer.

Have a good day all and hugs to those who need one.

Jan x
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    morning all!

day off:j a gorgeous morning here:j

still got a stinking cold:( managed to sleep ok with the help of some Olbas oil.
    Lots of jobs to do today

tax my car plus call in at the garage to see about getting the mirror repaired after last nights bump.

mow the lawns

pop into town - few bits and pieces to get

3 loads of washing to do.

RR - sounds like you both had a great time x:)

Butterfly - brilliant scarf - my DS would love one too, thanks for the pattern :T- cant knit myself but I'll send it to my Mum and it'll keep her busy!;)

(((hugs))) to those who need them

just had some muesli for breakfast, having my coffee now then must do something.

have a great day all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning my lovelies :D

Tired here. DD wet the bed for the first time around 5am so that was up for the day smiley-sleep013.gif will be me later ;) not going to tap tonight (again :o) as I am too tired.

Plans for today are to do some housework as I felt so pants yesterday I didn't do anything :o so need to do a major catch up. Hung a load of washing out at 7am this morning and got another one in at the mo. Promised to make H some museli cookies later so busy busy busy day. And I need to cut the lawn :eek:

Better get my 'arris in gear then ;)

Hugs and spoons all round. Hope you're enjoying some sunshine where you are :D
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All,

Not had much chance to post recently with a house full of visitors and lots of birthdays and celebrations. Another birthday meal tomorrow night with my DIL to be. Its been really good fun though:D

Went wedding dress shopping with her yesterday and she found the perfect dress, it really is beautiful but I am sworn to secrecy until the big day:silenced:

OS wise things have gone totally to pot but I am trying my best. Just keeping the house reasonably tidy is a challenge. I was up early this morning and have already pegged out one lot of washing the other is in the machine.
    Need to book DH's work car in for MOT today and as our visitors are away for the night will catch up on some paperwork this evening.
    Also have a hen night on Friday so need to top up my fake tan tonight

Never a dull moment chez Julie. Have a good day all, hugs where needed x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning all

Still in bed with the lappie as I don't generally work on Wednesdays.

JackieO you sound busy

Bitsy try and get a rest hun...

Tappers hope the cold is better soon

Hugs and thoughts for those who need them.

Flying today and grocery shopping this afternoon. Grass needs cutting.....

DS stubbed his toe on the radiator yesterday morning and then got sent home from work as said toe bruised and swollen.

DH took him to the walk in centre when he got home from work. Just as well I had hm ready meals defrosted and some microwave rice as it was a busy work day for me so they were able to eat before they went. DS has broken his toe and has it strapped to the next one. Nurse advised paramol and ibruprofen and rest. Ouchie!

He has gone to work today though.........

Have a good day everyone.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Julie67 wrote: »
    Morning All,

Not had much chance to post recently with a house full of visitors and lots of birthdays and celebrations. Another birthday meal tomorrow night with my DIL to be. Its been really good fun though:D

Went wedding dress shopping with her yesterday and she found the perfect dress, it really is beautiful but I am sworn to secrecy until the big day:silenced:

OS wise things have gone totally to pot but I am trying my best. Just keeping the house reasonably tidy is a challenge. I was up early this morning and have already pegged out one lot of washing the other is in the machine.
    Need to book DH's work car in for MOT today and as our visitors are away for the night will catch up on some paperwork this evening.
    Also have a hen night on Friday so need to top up my fake tan tonight

Never a dull moment chez Julie. Have a good day all, hugs where needed x

We won't tell ;)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • lapis_lazuli
    lapis_lazuli Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning,

Morning has broken sorry had to play it as it'so bright and sunny here :D.

Good morning! :D

Today was cold enough to be winter but not cold enough to be refreshing. Oddly, considering we've just had the shortest day, it seems to be getting light a lot sooner than last year. :)

I finally got my Kenwood A901E fixed, kneaded some bread and no explosions. The mixer starts very fast, even on minimum, so I nearly covered the place in flour. Oh well, such is the price of having a loaf of tasty goodness proving as I type! :rotfl:
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All,

Been busy this morning, got up, put a wash on, hung two from yesterday out, and am cleaning the kitchen. Stopped for my fix of MSE and breakfast and while I was reading JackieO's tale of her soaking yesterday, the heavens opened here onto my wash, the boys were halfway out the door and I told them not to bother, it was wet to begin with, how much worse can it be? I'll probably need to spin it and have the dryer on all day now though, it is a real torrential downpour, so I doubt wmf will be picnicing outside today. :(

My oven is being looked at this afternoon, so I will be tidaying and cleaning all day. The plan was gardening this afternoon, but I don't know if I fancy it in the rain, so I'll wait for the weather to wise up. BIL did get admitted to hospital yesterday and shall be getting his biopsy this morning all being well.

Hugs all round, have a great day!

JAckie XXX
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure