Co-operative Bank-reclaiming bank charges

Comments

• ryannorfolk
    ryannorfolk Posts: 14 Forumite
    Same here, account still open
  • melainab
    melainab Posts: 61 Forumite
    I have been going through the process with the co-op for a bit now. Pretty much had the same reponses as most people on here; weird list that is difficult to make head or tale of, no cheque cashed (think that is a guilt trip one), two letters stating they will contact me in 4 weeks but will need another 4 weeks to solve it( suggest they get someone other than hamsters working there then).

Anyway, the upshot is that tomorrow is the final day of their 14 and I will be proceeding as planned. I dont like feeling railroaded! I had some more charges between the first letter and the second and I just added them on.

A note to consider I had some old statements and compared in order to work out what all the charges were. They missed some! I added these in and sent copies of my statements as proof that I had been charged. claiming over £2,700

Has been good to see that some people have been successful. You dont get if you dont ask, right? Good luck to everyone. My eyes are open to this nasty borrowing culture now and I think a box under the mattress is better than banks :)
    LBM Mar 07 :eek: Total debt at LBM £28,003.11 - Feb 12 £5,118.63 :j

Official DFW Nerd 539
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!

£2012 in 2012 * £131 / 2012
  • has anyone out there claimed from the co-operative bank? I have sent the second letter and they responded with. 'They are looking into it and it will take four weeks.' Is this a delay tacktick shall i send the third letter?
  • MPG_2
    MPG_2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Hiya.

It is a stalling tactic. I'm playing ball with Woolwich/Barclays and had the same thing. Just proceed with your own timescale and don't deviate from it regardless of what they say. You may receive more than one We're looking into it...thank you for your patients...we're snowed under...blah,blah.' Just stick to your guns.

All the best x
  • I Know One Of The Bank Managers From The Co Op And He Says They Are Paying Up
  • LilDevil
    LilDevil Posts: 684 Forumite
    Just posted on the reclaim success post about my victory - Co-operative have coughed up (see post or check out signature). :beer: :j :T

For all those that are scared or in doubt, go for it - it is worth it in the end!!
  • ryannorfolk
    ryannorfolk Posts: 14 Forumite
    Wow! One Day I get a reply from the court telling me Notice of Acknowledgment of Service has been filed and the Co-op intend to defend all of my claim. Then the next morning I find my bank account better off £1892.76! Not the full amount, but who’s counting. Nearly 2k I’d written off. And getting one over on the co-op… Priceless!! :j

Then a week later I get another letter from the co-op saying they've deposited the difference between my claim and the refund I've already received, another £750 :) That's the full amount claimed, + interest, + court costs. :rotfl:
  • I sent my initial correspondence to the bank April 07. I had downloaded all my statements and copied the charges that I wanted refunded. I had used the standard reclaiming bank charges letter.
    However, all I received was a standard letter saying we are looking into your complaint
    What's next? Do I threaten them with court action? Is there a standard letter?
    Thanx any help is greatly appreciated.
    Other banks seem faster in response according to friends.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Read Martin's article and you'll find the next template letter in there.
  • geoff1057
    geoff1057 Posts: 198
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    can anyone help sister has just received list of charges from coop bank. the list comprises of 3 columns ....commission, debit interest, and fees. which columns can she claim back from as list gives no other info at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure