TalkTalk new prices

Comments

• Michael74
    Michael74 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    From Broad Band TV News, "From three months in customers will be able to move to a new package if the company has a better one on offer."

Well that's the rub isn't it, there are people like me who were on the minimum possible to pay, which meant a price increase any way you look at it. But despite the offer of (almost) price matching the Sky offer, it was the 18 month contract that put me off (oh and the fact the new router I got to replace my old failed one is rubbish).
  • Michael74
    Michael74 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Are you now saying that Talk Talk have allowed you to leave your contract earlly after all.? Which they couldnt have stopped as explained by Bill Savings

Yes, but they did try very very hard to keep me though and not once did they overtly acknowledge that it was my right to leave they just assured me that I will be leaving penalty free.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 October 2016 at 3:44PM
    TalkTalk's new customer offer has plummeted since last week, with broadband and line total being higher, no longer an option to pre-pay line, no voucher and no listing on cashback sites (well the ones I checked).
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 6 October 2016 at 9:01AM
    I've been with TT for years,since it was Aol, no complaints, and am on a 18 month contract, since the hack.
    I payed my line rental up front, so it's due to expire soon, but still have my £7.50 monthly bill for unlimited, anytime, calls to LL and mobiles, and unlimited BB for six months.
    As my line rental is due soon, I don't know how they are going to charge me from November for line rental??
    Probably retain my £7.50 per month for the next six months, and charge me the normal £17 per month line rental pro rata.
    I've always had 18 month contracts with them, so that doesn't bother me.
    Wonder if they will let me renew my contract, for another 18 months,now, at my existing price, with the same benefits , £24.50 all in?
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    joe134 wrote: »
    I payed my line rental up front, so it's due to expire soon, but still have my £7.50 monthly bill for unlimited, anytime, calls to LL and mobiles, and unlimited BB for six months.
    As my line rental is due soon, I don't know how they are going to charge me from November for line rental??

Looks like Value Line Rental is now only available to Legacy Customers
    https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/value-line-rental-renewal

I assume a legacy customer is someone who has had Value Line Rental before but I could be wrong.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    Terry98 wrote: »
    Looks like Value Line Rental is now only available to Legacy Customers
    https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/value-line-rental-renewal

I assume a legacy customer is someone who has had Value Line Rental before but I could be wrong.

It's someone who has it now and renews before their current one runs out, so not just someone who once had it.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    teddysmum wrote: »
    It's someone who has it now and renews before their current one runs out, so not just someone who once had it.

All the new prices now include rental charges so are you saying it is not worth using line rental saver anymore?
  • Hi all,

I'm really confused about my rights and would appreciate your help. I had the email about the package changes.

I'm on an 18 month contract which I got from MSE about a year ago, where the first 12 months were £8.85 for broadband and landline, while the final 6 months are £17.70 per month. I started paying the £17.70 price in September.

The email I received says this is now going up to £18.95 under these new packages.

I'm not interested in any new packages and I don't want to commit to another 18 months, so I'd rather cancel because I do not agree with price increases of any kind mid-contract.

According to what I've been reading online, since 2014 Ofcom ruled that you're entitled to leave penalty-free if your broadband and landline rental price increases mid-contract.

So I went onto the web chat and explained all this. I was told I could not leave penalty free and I'd have to pay about £50 to leave early. Like any large company, I do not trust what I've been told at all. Are they trying to fleece me / make sure I stay, or have I got it completely wrong?

Thanks so much for your help.

Jamie
  • I'm in the same position - I have 6 to 8 month left and they have told me my price is increasing by £1.50 a month once my line saver ends.
  • I have also received the email about the price increase. My deal was due to expire in January and would have looked to switch then but may as well do it now. As I haven't switched before I am looking for some advice. Do I need to contact talk talk to let them know I wish to cancel and then start the switching process to a new provider, in this case plusnet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure