Hot Bargains, Deals & Steals Discussion

Comments

• tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It means you have got the offer and now have 28 days within which to use it. Just enter the code in the payment section.
  • pringlex3
    pringlex3 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Hi Folks I finally managed to enter my code details and got confirmation that they will be sending me a card but was surprised to read the following on my completed order summary:

Order Details

No
    Description
    Price
    Orange Prepaid MasterCard
    £ 5.00

Total
    £ 5.00

Top-up
    £ 5.00

Payment Details

Paid by
    Promotion Voucher
    Voucher number
    Your Voucher value is
    £ 10.00
    Do you think that we will have £10 free to spend on this card or will it be a case of anything over the £5 mentioned in the offer will incur a £5 card fee? it is very confusing but hopefully it will be good news for those lucky enough to get through for this offer - hope you can help - cheers:beer:
  • whamfanuk
    whamfanuk Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    pringlex3 wrote: »
    Hi Folks I finally managed to enter my code details and got confirmation that they will be sending me a card but was surprised to read the following on my completed order summary:

Order Details

No
    Description
    Price
    Orange Prepaid MasterCard
    £ 5.00

Total
    £ 5.00

Top-up
    £ 5.00

Payment Details

Paid by
    Promotion Voucher
    Voucher number
    Your Voucher value is
    £ 10.00
    Do you think that we will have £10 free to spend on this card or will it be a case of anything over the £5 mentioned in the offer will incur a £5 card fee? it is very confusing but hopefully it will be good news for those lucky enough to get through for this offer - hope you can help - cheers:beer:

i got one, it just had a fiver on it
  • tifo
    pringlex3 wrote: »
    Do you think that we will have £10 free to spend on this card or will it be a case of anything over the £5 mentioned in the offer will incur a £5 card fee? it is very confusing but hopefully it will be good news for those lucky enough to get through for this offer - hope you can help

It's not hard to understand.

The voucher is valued at £10. They deduct £5 for the card application fee which leaves £5 as your credit balance.
  • tifo
    Though I just noticed on the site:

"When you’re asked to pay, simply choose the promotion voucher option and enter that 8-digit voucher code. Using the code means you won’t be charged the £5 Orange Cash card fee".

That means if the voucher is valued at £10, they shouldn't charge the £5 admin fee, but I think that applies to top up vouchers bought from a shop rather than this offer.
  • tifo
    edited 23 June 2011 at 3:58PM
    Query the above with them.
  • lpgm
    lpgm Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I managed to get a voucher code earlier, but couldn't get through the card application process because the Orange website was too slow. I gave up.

I later saw announcements that the 2,000 cards had gone and so I assumed I had missed out.

Anyway, I just tried again to apply. The code worked and my card is on its way.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else got a bit confused like me!
  • tifo
    edited 23 June 2011 at 6:51PM
    lpgm wrote: »
    I managed to get a voucher code earlier, but couldn't get through the card application process because the Orange website was too slow. I gave up.

I later saw announcements that the 2,000 cards had gone and so I assumed I had missed out.

Anyway, I just tried again to apply. The code worked and my card is on its way.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else got a bit confused like me!

It went through because you had 28 days to use the code.

The site meant that the 2,000 vouchers had gone ....
  • MummyM_2
    MummyM_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    I just saw this on another site Tesco have the 3 Stieg Larsson paperbacks for £5 (I think it's The Girl Series), I have read the first one and realy enjoyed it.
  • spree real deal are doing £45 canvas prints for £9 just bought mine now seems legit

found at spreerealdeal.com/national
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport