Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• plaza2154
    • By plaza2154 13th Mar 18, 5:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ISA platforms w/simple ID verification?
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:37 PM
    ISA platforms w/simple ID verification? 13th Mar 18 at 5:37 PM
    Hi All
    I am acting as power of attorney for my mother and we have decided, as she is a taxpayer, to make the most of her ISA allowance this year and are looking to invest prior to the end of the tax year. I hold a Stocks and Shares ISA with Charles Stanley and intended on signing her up for them also. However, when it came to the anti money laundering/ID verification checks, I came to realize she no longer holds an in date passport and doesn't hold a driving licence. I therefore would be required to send them two alternative forms of ID certified by an accountant/lawyer etc which would take a little while to obtain and send off, therefore making it very tight if we could invest prior to the end of the tax year.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a platform which allows for ID to be sent electronically/ a simpler method, or alternatively allow for money to be invested and then send proof of ID afterwards (although I somehow doubt this is a possibility).

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 13th Mar 18, 7:28 PM
    • 2,023 Posts
    • 1,437 Thanks
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:28 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:28 PM
    Very tricky. Many platforms try and validate the identify electronically however if they are unable to do that they would require you provide ID. If time is tight before the end of the tax year have you considered opening a Cash ISA with an existing bank she has an account with? You could always transfer it to a S&S ISA later.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

2,314Users online

Martin's Twitter