Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 13th Jan 18, 9:00 PM
    • 2,406Posts
    • 265Thanks
    britishboy
    Is MSE Credit Club as good as Experian?
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:00 PM
    Is MSE Credit Club as good as Experian? 13th Jan 18 at 9:00 PM
    I signed up to Experian a few years ago after a new CC was intercepted, activated and used, so I signed up to Experian for some safety.

Have since seen about MSE’s own Credit Club, it mentions it uses Experian. So is it a no brainier to switch?

Got no complaints with Experian but if I can save £10 a month, even better!
Page 1
    • zzzt
    • By zzzt 13th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    zzzt
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    I've used both and from what I can see MSE Credit Club gives you the exact same credit score and exact same credit report that Experian would have.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    • 30,611 Posts
    • 19,361 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    Yes its the same as Experian, it takes the data from Experian including tue score although not sure whats the point since the score isn't seen by anyone else other than the users of the credit club.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 13th Jan 18, 11:05 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 13th Jan 18, 11:05 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 11:05 PM
    Yes.

Though I always seem to have a circa 100 point difference in score between MSE and Experian Credit Matcher - not that I pay attention to either
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

402Posts Today

5,374Users online

Martin's Twitter