Second Purse Challenge 2012

Comments

• bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mothership hope you get your meds sorted and feel better soon. that is shocking that it has gone on for so long
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Hope you get your meds sorted soon Mothership. Thanks for the tip on ordering meat in advance. If the offers still on when I'm paid I might do that for my parents, then they can have meat every month :D
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What a nightmare Mothership-hope you get some rest tonight.
    Medium bank day today-child benefit not yet sorted out for DD so was going to use grocery budget for her nappies-but had a lovely surprise.

Went to put DS2's £60 in his purse and discovered he still had £20 from the last 4 weeks-so he's "very kindly" loaned his little sister £20.

Took them to soft play and Mickey D's with some of DS1's classmates and used his "school budget" from last month.There was a £5 note left when we got home which I put back in his purse with this months £30 (a good thing as he can have that for games at the spring fair) and there were a bunch of £1 coins that I put in the sealed pot tin.I dont bother to count it as Ive never made the whole year but I plan to this year-I want to pay for Christmas from "the dregs", and intentionally bought a tin that cannot be broken into without destroying it.

After withdrawing that money-there is still £120.00 so thats 2 weeks grocery's and theres £150 in the direct debit account which covers all the DD's for March-and still 10 days to DH's pay when I "recoup" £450...take £120.00 for the other 2 weeks groceries and I *should* have a budget left of £330.00:j

I also added £10 to second purse so I now have £50.73 with a value of £237.00.

I've been researching ways to make the kitchen more effective as a pantry so am going backto !kea next week for some of those add a shelf thingys-and I found this website today that I thought you'd all enjoy:
    http://www.theperfectpantry.com/

Does anyone have a good paper checklist template? Im a bit "list manic" and dont like to sit with just a notebook and I want to go through whats in our cupboards and log them.

I really need to get the house sorted over the next few days-its driving me mad. In the meantime, Im off to bed:)
  • Aw Mothership, hope you feel better soon, sending you lots of hugs. :grouphug: Can't believe that you have been suffering for SIX years, :mad:that is absolutely unbelievable and absolutely scandalous.:eek::eek::eek: Hope your nurse reads him the riot act

Do you know when the free delivery runs out? Was thinking that if I order now and put on credit card, the bill won't have to be paid until April grocery budget so will allocate money from that one and carry on using cash as has been my plan to do from March's grocery challenge.
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!:rotfl:

June GC - £352.04/£350
    SP challenge 3P £171.28:j:j:j
  • Hello everyone - does anyone know who is next on the DR recommendation list, as I will be putting in an order in the next couple of days so if you could let me know I will pm you.

Many thanks
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!:rotfl:

June GC - £352.04/£350
    SP challenge 3P £171.28:j:j:j
  • Thank you everyone for all your kindness and support, it is greatly appreciated. You are all dearest wee darlings!

I'm feeling better after a good sleep. I will let you know what happens when I see the nurse again on Thursday, she's going to sort out my insulin and meds. We are going to start again from scratch. I might take this further, as I feel I have been badly let down. They were all quick to jump on me for not being able to control my blood sugar. I've also had 3 blood sugar monitors in as many months, all of them BROKE or so I thought. It turns out they prescribed the strips for another monitor. AAAAH!

I'm just relieved it wasn't all my fault. I always try to look at the bright side of EVERYTHING, if my gut hadn't been so bad I wouldn't have gone to such lengths to find out about what I was eating LOL. I was sure it had to be something to do with that. And I may have continued to buy SM meat and not discovered DR.

I've got 4 x 7 am breakfasts all 'Full Monties' . And I've got my granddaughter the whole day 'YIPEE!' So I wont be on till later this evening. Unless I can squeeze a session in before 8.30 when she arrives :)
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for that Mothership - I am dying to order some meat so will let whoever it is know so I can give someone (whoever is next in line) my recommendation.

I think that could be me :D:D:D
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • Glad you are feeling better now mothership! I can't believe they had you on the wrong dosage for that long :eek: !!

I've paid £5 to my purse this morning. I bought pasta, tea bags (herbal), butter, couscous, and liquid soap. How great not to have to go out when kids are sick and get essentials :p In fact i'm rather annoyed i have to go to ald1 now to get juice & yoghurts lol but should be a nice cheap shop anyway ;)

dfw (ooooooh and check out my signature! I have loadsa money in the 2nd purse :D )
    MFW 2024 #17
    OP straight to mortgage - APRIL £307/ 206.88 (ytd £640) working towards owning 50%
    MOP savings account 1200 / 3000 to be paid later this year
    Mortgage balance 01/01/24 £99224.13 01/02 £98,833.7201/03 £98,928.18
    01/04 £97,646.20
    Baby EF done £1.5k.Working towards goal 2 £32.45/500
    Food Budget - JAN 484.44/500, FEB 488.59/500, MAR 439.33/500, APR 531.34/500
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    polkadot wrote: »
    I've been researching ways to make the kitchen more effective as a pantry so am going backto !kea next week for some of those add a shelf thingys-and I found this website today that I thought you'd all enjoy: http://www.theperfectpantry.com/

Does anyone have a good paper checklist template? Im a bit "list manic" and dont like to sit with just a notebook and I want to go through whats in our cupboards and log them.

I really need to get the house sorted over the next few days-its driving me mad. In the meantime, Im off to bed:)

thank you for the perfect pantry link - I'm going to try out the lemon chicken & white bean stew recipe in the slow cooker

There is a copyright-free printable on this site for listing 'what's in the cupboard' that might be useful. http://organizedhome.com/printable/household-notebook/pantry-inventory
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ah Mothership that's awful, I learnt years ago that the medical profession is not all it's cracked up to be. My mum is fighting diabetic meds, the "nurse" gets really mad with her each time she goes, her sugar count is not too bad (6 I think) but not good enough for them :mad::mad: Glad your feeling better, give 'em hell

The reason I don't trust them was we had just had DD, she was 3 weeks old and I called the duty Doc out on a Sunday morning as she was coughing and had turned purple (I mean deep purple in a coughing fit) Anyway he chided me and told me I was a first time parent who panicked too much and he was going.

Two weeks later, after lots of further coughing/purple fits she was taking hardly any fluids and had gone a funny waxen red/grey colour, we took her to our normal GP.............................he admitted her to A&E that night and she was in hospital for a month with whooping cough:eek:

So it it feels wrong, shout out good and loud, also one of my mums friends was on heart pills for 12 years when a locum told her she didn't need them as her heart was fine by that time it was too dangerous to withdraw them.

On a lighter note I think I have just gained myself a cash n carry card :j:j:j:j:j very excited by this
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure