PLEASE HELP!! I need an UNsecured Personal Loan - but have Bad Credit!!

rolandi
rolandi Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 1 November 2013 at 9:56PM in Loans
MSE Official Insert:

For the latest loans best buys read our Cheap Personal Loans guide.

----

Hi Guys

Can anybody please advise a reputable loan company in the UK that will consider offering an UNsecured personal loan for approx £12,000, even though I have a bad credit history?

I understand that the interest rate repayable will very likely be much higher than usual, but an desperate for the loan and need suggestions as to a decent lender please, who will lend, regardless of my credit history.

Thanks guys! Please help me:)

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Nobody will lend that sort of money unsecured regardless of your credit history.

Can you give some more information as to what you mean by a bad credit history (are you talking about a few late payments or CCJs and defaults) and what you need the money for and people might be able to suggest other options.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • rolandi
    Hi Tixy, thanks for your reply. I very urgently need the money for mostly a trip to see an ill relative soon who lives overseas.

I have had a couple of defaults, with just one left outstanding and lots of late payments on credit cards. Also a couple of late mortgage payments. I've received CCJ letters before, but I have always agreed a payment arrangement and never had to go to Court etc.
  • rolandi
    To add to this, I work, but my salary is very low and I currently have none spare.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    rolandi wrote: »
    To add to this, I work, but my salary is very low and I currently have none spare.

How do you think you will be able to repay a loan?
  • rolandi
    Are Yes Loans or Wentworth Direct reputable Lenders, would anybody recommend them or to steer clear of them, even in emergency? Please advise, thanks!
  • rolandi
    edited 3 June 2011 at 5:36PM
    Apologies for not being very clear. I would repay a loan out of my salary, monthly over a number of years (I have worked out an amount I could repay monthly). But I don't currently have enough spare to pay for the entire trip etc, is how I meant.
  • ged1980
    ged1980 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    12 grand to fly overseas? i knew fare's had went up but by that much?
    If you dont like me remember its mind over matter, I dont mind and you dont matter ;)
  • RichGold
    RichGold Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    rolandi wrote: »
    Are Yes Loans or Wentworth Direct reputable Lenders
    By reputable, do you mean they will not bother you when you fail to repay what you've borrowed? As that is not the definition of reputable.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Spring_Time
    Spring_Time Posts: 125 Forumite
    I really can't see anyone lending that kind of money given your history, sorry :( You will find sites that will promise you that they will find a lender and most likely ask for a small fee for this. Then they will come back with (IF) any that have stupid terms, such as needing a guarantor and willing to lend £1000 with stupid amounts to repay. I know as we fell for this about 9 years ago! Maybe things have changed?

12k to travel abroad is such a lot of money, we can do a holiday abroad for a family of 4 for 2 weeks for under 2k. Are you sure you need that much?
  • Saints2011
    Saints2011 Posts: 933 Forumite
    People don't learn
    Can I find out my credit score?
    You do not have a single credit score or rating. Different organisations take different information into account when working out your credit score and may have different scores for different products. (Kindly from Experian)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure