Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Just come off sky chat, got offered 40% off and had to sign for another 12 months, I said no thanks, he said ok and disconnected me, no haggle at all. My sky box is 6 years old and starting to freeze a bit so I'm not getting pulled into another contract and it dies plus for the amount of sky programmes we watch it is not worth it with 40% off, we will just sign up to Now Tv for a month to catch up on Ray Donovan and the Affair.
  • Currently have the full sky q tv package, with multi room. I'm paying £42 a month, contract ends in 3 weeks, I'm looking to keep the same services.

I've given in my notice, but the best offer they can give me is £56.75 a month. Has anyone been quoted a better price?
  • Best I could get was £63 or £54.90 with £25 credit on a 31 day rolling contract if I removed the movies.
  • My offer has now changed to 30% off haha, they're never going to win my love back like this ;)
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    40% to 30% for me too :(
  • Just come off sky chat, got offered 40% off and had to sign for another 12 months, I said no thanks, he said ok and disconnected me, no haggle at all. My sky box is 6 years old and starting to freeze a bit so I'm not getting pulled into another contract and it dies plus for the amount of sky programmes we watch it is not worth it with 40% off, we will just sign up to Now Tv for a month to catch up on Ray Donovan and the Affair.

I have cancelled Sky and gone with Freesat. Any Sky Atlantic shows missed can be watched via Now Tv. Before cancelled checked the Sky Planner and 90% is available on Freesat.
  • I'm paying around £13/month for Sky - basic channels, recording ability, plus Sky Atlantic.
    no signature
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    craigr98 wrote: »
    I have cancelled Sky and gone with Freesat. Any Sky Atlantic shows missed can be watched via Now Tv. Before cancelled checked the Sky Planner and 90% is available on Freesat.

I cancelled last year (though returned after a brilliant deal),but would have been quite happy with Freeview as our tv has Freetime (catchup) which Panasonic offers on Freeview tvs.

I got to discovering channels I hadn't watched for ages and because of an assumed missing hdmi cable, didn't even get to use the PVR. The only problem was that catchup was slow because the new broad band had a fault, since sorted.
  • sajidb
    sajidb Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    did have 60% discount for TV cancelled as they would not match,
    last week had 40% discount on account, this week 30%, how do i progress ? services terminate 9/9/17
  • I can't work sky out. They offer so many different discounts but show no consistency. I've given my notice. The best they could offer was £5 off two packages and total was over £90 / month. I've seen people with more package for far less. The discount on sky app after i cancelled yesterday was 40%. It's changed to 30% today. Based on what I can get else where I will definitely move if they aren't going to give me a decent deal. Im black level vip so its not like they haven't fleeced me for years.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback