PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The demise of the Remoska cooker.

I has come to my notice today that Lakeland are no longer selling the Remoska. I have been a devotee for a long time and know all too well that they do not last for ever but thanks to Lakeland's unconditional lifetime guarantee I have been able to replace when necessary and continue to enjoy Remoska cooking.

What do I do if and when I need a replacement? There is something similar on Amazon, does anyone have any knowledge of this? It seems to have a probe and a temperature guage which may be an advantage, but it may just be more to go wrong and without the Lakeland guarantee this could make Remoska cooking expensive.

Any thoughts?
Bella.
A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15

Comments

• Bumping. Where are all the Remoska fans?

Bella
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • Naseby
    Naseby Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I didn't know about the Remoska until your post. It looks like Lakeland are selling off the accessories. I have had a look at the Official Remoska site and it still says that Lakeland are the only place to buy a Remoska. When you click on the Lakeland link it takes you to the accessories they are selling off.

The Amazon one is cheaper than the Lakeland one used to be, it looks similar to the original one apart from the temperature probe.

Perhaps you might find something out if you emailed Lakeland and asked them why they have stopped selling them. I have 2 Remoskas, a very small one which they stopped selling ages ago and a standard one. The very small one blew my electrics the other week but fortunately it was because the screws on the lid had come loose and was easily fixable.
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Have look for a Tefal Roast N'Bake. - Google it-

Similar to a Remosca but a better build quality and cheaper.

We bought one in a Tefal outlet shop for half the price of a Remosca.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    I has come to my notice today that Lakeland are no longer selling the Remoska. I have been a devotee for a long time and know all too well that they do not last for ever but thanks to Lakeland's unconditional lifetime guarantee I have been able to replace when necessary and continue to enjoy Remoska cooking.

What do I do if and when I need a replacement? There is something similar on Amazon, does anyone have any knowledge of this? It seems to have a probe and a temperature guage which may be an advantage, but it may just be more to go wrong and without the Lakeland guarantee this could make Remoska cooking expensive.

Any thoughts?
    Bella.

I am not sure how to respond as lakeland offer a far better guarantee then anyone else but things do break down and normally can't be replaced after a certain amount of time so it then becomes just a normal product like everything else.
    I have owned a Remoska for years and have had some problems and 2 have needed to be replaced but they would have been replaced by any other company as they were faulty within the first couple of months.

I actually found my halogen oven a more useful product over all as it works more like a normal oven but quicker and cheaper as there is no pre heating etc.

Maybe email lakeland and see what they have to say ?
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
  • Kevie192
    Kevie192 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    I emailed them:
    Thank you for your enquiry about the Remoska cookers.

We have stopped selling this item currently, as we have a new improved version of the Remoska coming out in mid-late January 2014. All of the stock of the older model has now sold out, sorry.

The reference for the new Remoska will be 18850, and the Grand version will be 18851. If you search under this number on our website, you will find more information on them from mid-January.

Kevin :)
  • Thanks to you all for your input, especially Kevie. At the moment my Remoska is going strong except for the non stick flaking off the lid. I use it lots and lots and would expect to replace it after normal wear and tear but it is very comforting to know that Lakeland have a new one on the way, backed by their guarantee.

Bella.
  • Kevie192
    Kevie192 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    After the earlier email from Lakeland, I was curious about what the new models would be like. I emailed them again but they said they couldn't confirm anything.

So, I emailed the manufacturers and this was their response:
    The new models look slightly more modern, the pan has the handles on it,
    instead of on the stand, there is no glass in the lid, and the on/off
    switch is on the top of the handle instead of the side. The wattage is the
    same, but it cooks slightly quicker without the glass.

Any seasoned Remoska owners have any opinions on the new features? I am trying to decide whether to wait or to buy a second hand current model!

Thanks,

Kevin x
  • I like having the glass in the lid so I can keep an eye on what's happening inside without taking the lid off and losing the heat.
  • morganlefay
    morganlefay Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Indeed, I'd miss the glass as well. I would have made the two black bits in the lid which you rest it on completely flat so that it didn't wobble, but otherwise I LOVE mine. We currently have no kitchen (builders) and I am cooking in the Remoska and the microwave - I could not manage without it. It remains to be seen if the new one will be OK or not. But thank you for finding out about this and posting on here.:beer:
  • bellaquidsin
    bellaquidsin Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 November 2013 at 9:12AM
    Yes, I would miss the glass window too, but maybe it will address the problem of the condensation getting into the electrics which has been a major fault on the Remoska and must have cost Lakeland ££££'s in replacements over the years.

Bella.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure