Thrifty Gifty Santas Challenge 2014

Comments

• susan42
    susan42 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Hi everyone

Computer sorted, what a waste of the weekend. I now know how the virus go in so it's sorted. Irritating little devil

Katiehound - the modge podge was in hobby craft for £4

Rufus - have you a before piccy of the bag , I can see what to look out for

Money penny - well done on the organising , I made 2 or three Mother's Day cards and then realised I haven't a use for them. I'm sure I'm cracking up

I'm in art class and am bored can you tell lol. Can't get motivated today these new tablets are confusing my head I think
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Susan. I wish i had taken a pic before. It looks nothing like what it did. It looked bit like a satchel. The sides were cream and brown check fabric but i painted over it with black acrylic paint. The piping was brown so i painted that blue. Then the rest was plain black.
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone

Mum2one, very sorry to hear about uncle.
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Mumofone sorry to hear the news :(

Rufus - loving the shoes and bag
    :money::rotfl::T
  • susan42
    Hi Tabawo - glad you've come out of lurkdom

Hi Angela - quick visit : waves

Well here's a decision for you. I read that to help arthritis turn vegetarian - so I decided to go for it. The pain is getting out of control. And no pain relief. The new meds are putting me on a different planet. Hope it inspires some good designs lol.

Anyone have any ideas on being a vegetarian ? I'll try anything and believe me I've tried alot of things
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    susan42 wrote: »
    I read that to help arthritis turn vegetarian - so I decided to go for it. The pain is getting out of control. And no pain relief. The new meds are putting me on a different planet. Hope it inspires some good designs lol.

Possibly a silly suggestion. Have you tried cutting out dairy? I am no where near as stiff since doing just that last summer. Instead I eat soya products. The improvement happened in days.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Greying Pilgrim has a diary "Living on next to nought" on the debt free wannabee diaries and does lots of lovely veggie food - with links to original recipes. Also a very lovely lady, inspirational.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Hope everyone ok,

The furneral now turning into a family bust up...... I could scream... dads stuck in the middle, that families for you.

Miss Hoodie and I just had our jabs for holiday, luckly only needed 1 each, just got to go to Dr's about Malaria tablets....

Had a treat after the jabs, - took Miss Hoodie and Grandad for a pizza, had a nice surprise, had a gift card at Xmas said on the envelope £10, got to the till there was £15 on there, a nicer dent in the bill!!

Give you all a laugh re bathroom - the window now broke... so got to get that fixed before we can get the builders etc in, good news have letter off ins company there authorising all the work (guessing there charge the 1st company)... so all in pipeline.

Apologies Santas Challenge be day late - had no internet all day... just got it reset now. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • susan42
    Thanks katiehound and mothernerd. I`ll check those out. Am getting that I`ll do anything

Mum2one - I loved that you had a surprise re the pizza. I had one of those low fat ones in the pizza rest. They cut the middle out and filled with salad lol
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Santas Challenge March

Firtly apologies for the delay, Grandad Hoodie played with the wiring when he was tidying behind the table.... but back to business

Mothers Day
    I know we touched on this last month, but it offically falls into this months challenge - it's on Sunday... so whether you need to raid the stash, buy something, post a card - theres still time.

(Also from Monday Mothers Day items be reduced, - handy as not all have Mum, mother, Nan etc - so you could pick up a birthday present or 2

Stamps
    As from Monday the price of stamps go up again, I think its 2p and 3p (def under 5p for a letter), but as long you have a stamp that says 1st or 2nd it is still valid. May be worth buying a few stamps to keep in hand.

Easter
    Easter also falls under this challenge - Good Friday 18th April. So far Tesco and Morrisons have promoted their egg offers, wont be long before Sainsburys and Asda offer theres. Dont forget there are some good offers at £1 shops - mini bags are generally better than main shops

Sun Tan Lotion
    This may seem random, but at the moment Boots have all their Suntan lotions at half price, that includes the posh brands, although supermarket brands are usually cheaper and all do the same job.

Cards
    HHopefully we all have a selection of spare cards, what I have done is get an old A4 folder and ome pocket liners and set a lit at front of card that what to keep in hand (what everyone needs be different), my general aim
    Birth Boy
    Birth Girl
    Engagement
    Wedding Day
    Sympathy (2 of these)
    Retirement
    Friend Birthday
    Plain - cards - Female (6 in stock)
    Plain cards - Men (4 in stock)
    Kids -Boys (4)
    Kids - Girls (4)
    Thank you card (4)

A 2nd Folder
    In that I have the list at the front of all birthdays /mothers day/fathers day that I need, and whether that person need more than 1 card
    eg, Uncle - Brother off mum/Uncle from me/Uncle from Miss Hoodie
    Cousin - Niece from mum and dad, then joint plain from me and Miss Hoodie

Miss Hoodie's Corner
    The corner we all dread.... its Spring Clean time... time to spring clean, - both real and virtual...

Books - (real one) are they going to be read, do you keep buying them and not reading... sort through and set yourself a challenge, whether that is read 5 before you buy a new one, can you do a book swop, sell them.

Kindle - Have a look through, delete what you don't need, finish those ones you have started

music - Go through ipods, mp3 players, cds etc

Dvds - Ditto

=sell=
    if you have any books, cds, dvds, may be worth saving for carboot sale or try your local facebook sellers, sell online, if you get anything back, go towards a treat or another book etc

Christmas
    Have a check on how the Christmas list is going, also review your birthday list - you might find you have over allocated some presents and can swop around virtually before you come to wrap

Free Time
    As we work hard, whether thats at work at home, the planning for events - we deserve a treat, so set aside an afternoon, evening, and do something for you - the catch - yes there has to be one - you can only spend a maximum of £2....... So lets share our treats and make sure we relax. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport