Which companies ignore 'no cold caller' signs?

Comments

• I've not got a company to add but a salesmen rang the doorbell,i ignored it,He looked through the window and held his arms out and shrugged his shoulders:mad:

I shot to the door and gave him some verbal about 1.Ignoring my no salesman sign and worse looking through the window:mad:

When i opened the door he was already through the gate walking away.The cheeky git said 'you could have opened the door to see what i wanted you for':mad:

I shouted back Can you not f***** see the sign you F**** %^&UUUU:mad:You know what he said? I can't read i'm dyslexic:mad:

he would not tell me who he was working for.

*RANT OVER :D
  • maxmiler
    maxmiler Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As a Jehovah's Witness........
    We may appear a bit pushy sometimes but please realise that we believe our message is extremely important.

NO - you are talking utter rubbish.

Your message is one that is NOT welcome.

There is NO GOD.

LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE WITH THEIR OWN VIEWS!!!!!
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    To those saying we shouldn't put charities, religion or politics in the poll. Our poll takes no value judgement. Cold calling means knocking on the door without an appointment - if that is done its cold calling.

It is worth noting that when we did a 'spill the beans' on this asking which companies do this many of the biggest complaints were about charities, political parties and religion.

People put signs up as they dont want disturbing.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • theoldcynic
    theoldcynic Posts: 247 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2012 at 12:03AM
    Safestyle UK windows, they are the worst for us, please add them.

They call on my door about three times a year, always ignore my sign. Say they are not here to sell but to give me a free no obligation quote??? Even if I say we have no money, we are not looking to replace, whatever they still try to persuade me to let them come in and give me a quote.

Also a roofing company, (wish I could remember their name). He said "I can see you have a no sales calls sign but I just want to offer you a free no obligation quote that you can keep safely and tidily tucked into your drawer for a year". It was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard!

We had a door bell which didn't work and seemed to put them off as I hadn't had an unexpected call at the door (that I heard) for over six months and everyone I know, knows this and to knock instead. The OH replaced the doorbell this week, and the roof company salesperson called within 2 days. I'm tempted to take the batteries out now as I expect more! :(
  • DavidLaGuardia
    DavidLaGuardia Posts: 603 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2012 at 1:14AM
    drjustice wrote: »
    Then they knock on your door for the catalogue back ,so yes they are .

No cold callers means don't knock unless you have been invited .Its not rocket science .

Then leave the catalogue out then Einstein.

If I have ever forgotten to leave it out and they have knocked, I have just given it back and they havn't tried to sell me anything. I hardly think that's cold selling and if you are peturbed about it, you really need to get over it.

Someone is trying to make a living in what is quite a passive way and there is no wasted junk mail if you give it back. If you really don't want to get the catalogue again, just tell them or add a sign saying no catalogues/unaddressed mail. if they ignore that, you have a right to tell them off, but remember the person collecting may not be the same delivering, so be polite!
  • Scope charity! They called this morning and there was a clear sign on the door saying NO COLD CALLERS!
    DEBTFREE AND PROUD!!
  • Better_Off_1983
    Better_Off_1983 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 May 2012 at 1:21AM
    I also put a sign on the door saying "NO RELIGIOUS BODIES, WE CANNOT BE SAVED!" I made the sign myself!

This is because there was an incident about 3 weeks ago some Catholics knocked the door. I then overheard the conversation from the visitors and shouted to my partner "I need your help babe, hurry, hurry, please" sounding pained. He then said he had to go and shut the door. The Catholics were still standing there waiting for my partner to come back. They were there for 10 minutes then decided to harang someone else !! He had to tip toe around like Nicole Kidman and co-stars in The Others!!

Before moving on they shoved some sort of leaflet and Rosary beads in the letterbox. I posted back to them, I cannot remember if I put a stamp on the envelope! MUHAHAHAHAHA!
    DEBTFREE AND PROUD!!
  • When I worked for betterware for a short while i was told by the coordinator to ignore the no cold callers signs as we aren't actually selling at the door or indeed knocking on the door. I presume it's the same for other catalog companies and for those pesky charity clothes bags i get every week even though I have a sign on the door.
  • stevemcol
    stevemcol Posts: 1,666 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2012 at 1:29PM
    g0recki wrote: »
    The motivations of charities, political canvassers and faiths are very different. They'll usually be volunteers and they aren't out to profit from you. I think their inclusion in this list is unfair.

Disclosure - I do canvassing for a political party as a volunteer.

What's motivation or profit got to do with it? No cold callers means leave me alone unless I know you. Supporting a charity or political party doesn't exempt you from common courtesy.
    Apparently I'm 10 years old on MSE. Happy birthday to me...etc
  • I use any charity bags as a bin liner... half the charities are not genuine!
    DEBTFREE AND PROUD!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport