Who Does/Does Not Accept Amex?

Comments

• Same here...but (stupidly) didn't do it through Quidco....tsk...kicking myself about that !

It's always reassuring to hear someone else made the same mistake as you ;)
  • Hi,
    Received my card in six days but what a low credit limit they have given me and I applied for the card cause I've a big holiday to pay for and it isn't enough!!! Also perhaps someone can help as I've received the card at the end of October does that mean that October is included in the three month 5% cashback or is it three months from the date of activating the card?
    Thanks
  • Really!?!?! that is bad

www.cashcow.net.nz
  • Amex is often not preferred by smaller non-chain retailers and restaurants. I understand that their fees for the retailer are steep.
  • I see on the thread that Asda is listed in the green group, but I've just come back from there and they wouldn't!!
  • yh i agree
  • has ASDA stopped taking american express?

i used it a few days ago ok

went into asda yesterday to get some medicine and it was refused several times in reader, gave them another CC and all ok

same happened at a different till so used another CC. card does look a tiny bit bent. staff didnt say they dont accept them no more

went to the petrol station down the road and it went straight through...

so is it ASDA?
  • How do you get the 5% back on the cashback card by the way? do you get it refunded in a cheque or something at the end of each month?
  • 1jim
    1jim Posts: 2,663
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    as far as I know Asda still accepts amex, used it this week without any problems
  • AuntieH
    AuntieH Posts: 582
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Got an Amex card for my xmas purchases then found out lots of places wont accept it. E.g. couldn't use it for a £300 bike at Evans cycles on line. My advice - go for something else.
    Home is the nicest word there is- Laura Ingalls Wilder
    Mortgage Dec23 £97,696 Overpayments: Dec23 £500
    Previous wins: Caribbean Cruise, £500, holiday to Nimes, TV and surround sound system, loch ness trip, flash, cot, trip to ITV studios, ipad.
    Wins 2024:
    £509.19/£2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family