Car boot sales in Edinburgh?

Does anyone know whats happening with car boot sales in Edinburgh? I used to love the Greenside one but its gone. Apparently only the corn exchange one still exists but isn't very good.

I actually want to sell at one within the next couple of weeks. Any advice? :o
Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.

Comments

• paullwill8
    paullwill8 Posts: 488 Forumite
    What about ingleston market, there used to be lots of car booters there on sundays. Haven't been for a while though.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • tico_3
    tico_3 Posts: 151 Forumite
    there is one at I think it is called New Street. It is on every Sunday but you have to get there early to get a good space.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    paullwill8 wrote:
    What about ingleston market, there used to be lots of car booters there on sundays. Haven't been for a while though.

Obviously not Paul, Ingliston Market has been closed for months icon12.gif
  • eaglesrjh
    eaglesrjh Posts: 376 Forumite
    I too would bevery interested if anyone knows of any decent car boots even within sort of 20 miles of edinburgh. I have lots of bits to sell on but cant find anywhere to do it. I had a wander around the corn exchange one and was not impressed, may have been cos it was very cold though. Anyone know of any others?
    if i had known then what i know now
  • Hi folks - why not help yourselves and a local group as well? The 41st Edinburgh BB company (based at Duddingston Kirk) will be having 2 car boot sales - Saturdays 22 and 29 April in the playground at the Royal High Primary School, Northfield Broadway - they will only be "open" from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon, but the gates open from 8.30 and there are usually buyers roaming around trying to do deals from early on. We have been there for the past cople of years selling books/toys/household stuff and it is always quite busy.

Cost 8.00 per car entry.

Regards.

WR
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks for that one Wild Rover, I'll bump the thread nearer the time icon7.gif
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    eaglesrjh wrote:
    I too would bevery interested if anyone knows of any decent car boots even within sort of 20 miles of edinburgh. I have lots of bits to sell on but cant find anywhere to do it. I had a wander around the corn exchange one and was not impressed, may have been cos it was very cold though. Anyone know of any others?

There is a very large (and under cover) car boot sale at Kinross evry Saturday. I think this is within 20 miles (just?) of Edinburgh.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £80/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £103/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Thanks for all your replies. ;)

I'm afraid the Boys Brigade one is too late for me as I need to get rid of everything before I move on the 19th April.

I think I'll have to go to the corn exchange one - I passed yesterday and it looked to be getting busier so will give it a go.
    Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.
  • tico wrote:
    there is one at I think it is called New Street. It is on every Sunday but you have to get there early to get a good space.
    I'm sure that car booty has closed too. It was the former Greenside. Building is being pulled down (like most other similar building's in that area). Quality and expensive land for development into luxury flats for the rich, I think.

My daughter loves the car booties and I know she goes to a coupe of them. I merely follow along trusting her directions. I'll ask her about them though.

There was one down at the harbour where Harry Ramsden's used to be at Newhaven. The details for it were up in the wee shop at the foot of Whale Brae: Newhaven Road. I think it's every four weeks on a Sunday.

Will speak with my daughter and get back to you on this. There's loads of them.
  • I know i have posted this topic before but i didnt get to the ones in Kinross and the Carse of Gowrie , has anyone been to any around the Edinburgh / Dunfermline/ Kirkcaldy areas recently ? I have that much to clear out im looking at taking in a busy venue where they get plenty of punters through even at this time of the year .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure