Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    our switch for gas & electric completed 10.05.17, online account active & can enter both reads ok. clear info shown on when reads required, when bills will be raised & payments to be taken.

after a few switches over the years, it's one of the clearer online accounts I've used.

before our account was fully 'live' I sent them a message on facebook with a couple of queries & they answered almost immediately.
  • Hi

Looking at changing supplier and Avro has come out best. Have you been pleased with the service so far?

thanks
  • dnpark38
    dnpark38 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Finished my first year on Fixed was best priced supplier by Martin Lewis have finished with nearly £300 in credit in fact have been well in credit all the year. Martin Lewis still had them as best for me so I agreed a further year on Fixed and they have increased DD payment.

I asked for my credit back a few weeks ago so far not received so have requested again today.

Whilst logged into my account and looking at their future estimated monthly used I'm concerned to see it far in excess of what I've used in the past year.

Are they like this with you others?
  • AVRO is a no-show for me. Went through the entire sign up process. Heard nothing. Emailed them only to be told that my 'Application has been cancelled' So if it's good customer service you're looking for i would look elsewhere.
  • I have been with Avro since Jan 2016.

The move was smooth with no issues (unlike some of my previous moves).

I have been saving money all the time I have been with them.

I have never had need to contact them as there has never been an issue with my account.

Having had terrible experiences with other energy suppliers I am reluctant to leave Avro and will probably switch to their Fixed Rate which is now cheaper than my current Simple Energy variable rate.

Recommended supplier.
  • dnpark38
    dnpark38 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    MJYoung
    Just like you to know I found Avro ok just like you have but be aware things may well change when you go Fixed with a set DD taking your money each month.
    I was in Credit at the first month and every month until at the end of the year when I was over £200 in credit they do not pay this back automatically. Only get it back if you ask, in fact I had to ask 3 times before it was put back into my bank account.
    I have started transfer proceedings to another supplier as I do not want the same messing about next year.

A thing I would like to find what would have happened if they had gone bust would I have lost my money in credit or is there consumer protection?
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Be careful with AVRO as there statement page seems to show your account in credit when its actully in debit
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dnpark38 wrote: »
    Finished my first year on Fixed was best priced supplier by Martin Lewis have finished with nearly £300 in credit in fact have been well in credit all the year. Martin Lewis still had them as best for me so I agreed a further year on Fixed and they have increased DD payment.

I asked for my credit back a few weeks ago so far not received so have requested again today.

Whilst logged into my account and looking at their future estimated monthly used I'm concerned to see it far in excess of what I've used in the past year.

Are they like this with you others?

Their prices are doubling for next year so they maybe right.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • ScoobyZ
    ScoobyZ Posts: 487 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    My switch went ok (early may), I enter meter readings every month but no statements yet.
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ScoobyZ wrote: »
    My switch went ok (early may), I enter meter readings every month but no statements yet.

I'd contact them as we switched 10th May & have had a bill each month, a few days after entering reading. no email to advise the statement/bill has been produced, but showing ok when logging into account.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback