Help

Please can someone reassure me or offer advice. I am in the processes of doing an ISA transfer, I sent off all my details to the new bank with an ISA transfer form from my existing account. I put my account number on but the new bank have not received this, it was two weeks plus I sent it. Can my account with the old bank now be compromised? and could someone empty it by having my account number and all my details. If yes what can i do about this? have i lost the money?

Comments

• think it takes a couple of weeks processes
  • They've not received the letter, i rang them today.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You have followed the transfer process correctly?

You check that your proposed new provider accepts transfers in.

If so, you complete the new provider's transfer in form and send that to the new provider.

The new provider contacts the old provider and arranges the transfer.

Are you saying that the new provider has not received your application?
  • Yes they've not received the letter back that I sent with my details on with my account number and address of the ISA to transfer from, I'm hoping its lost in the post but if someone has intercepted this can they take my money, if yes what can I do?
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You have checked with your current provider that no transfer form has been received?

If not, then it may well be that your application has been lost in the post.

Ask the new provider for another form, complete it and send "signed for"?
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Or see if they let you complete / send forms online / by email?
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If you're worried 'someone' may have intercepted the form and somehow used it to access your current ISA account, contact your current ISA provider and ask!

As for the transfer, ask the new provider for duplicate application.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If they haven't received it, send another. From my recent experience transferring S&S ISAs, it's seems likely that they will want an original signature on paper, so won't accept an emailed copy.

But you could probably download a new form from the bank's website and take it into their nearest branch for forwarding to head office.

How could there be any likelihood that your account at the old bank has been accessed? Besides which, you are still the account holder and can access it yourself to check.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure