computer help request

Comments

• Tiexen
    Tiexen Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 June 2017 at 4:01PM
    I'd forget all the above and buy one of these (I did) @£500

Looks good, only one plug, 1 box will do everything you want.

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=W3A67EA&opt=ABU&sel=DTP

HP 22-b030na All-in-One (White)
    • Windows 10 Home 64
    • Intel® Core™ i3-6100U processor
    • 54.6 cm (21.5") diagonal Full-HD (1920 x 1080) display
    • 8GB RAM and 1TB storage
    • USB Keyboard and Mouse
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    Tiexen wrote: »
    I'd forget all the above and buy one of these (I did) @£500

Looks good, only one plug, 1 box will do everything you want.

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=W3A67EA&opt=ABU&sel=DTP

HP 22-b030na All-in-One (White)
    • Windows 10 Home 64
    • Intel® Core™ i3-6100U processor
    • 54.6 cm (21.5") diagonal Full-HD (1920 x 1080) display
    • 8GB RAM and 1TB storage
    • USB Keyboard and Mouse

I don't think anyone here would agree with you.
    But at least you would bring everyone who previously disagreed on the thread together. :)
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    I am with WAYT on this one, he and others have posted much better value replacements on other threads

Of course not much point wasting time on this thread as OP has not bothered to come back and engage.

Still a useful thread, as they might take note of lack of the necessity of spending such a large amount on a new PC. The STONE PC would more than suffice for their needs. Certainly more powerful than any PC that I own and I am not wanting for PC performance.
    Together with a new 23" IPS monitor, a less than a £250 spend to include an Wireless AC USB network adaptor.
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    WAYT I think they should take your advice and give the difference to Charity, I will never understand why people spend so much money, some even buy them on credit.

Even when I have loads of money I am still tight.
    No pockets in shrouds.....What exactly are you hoarding money for?
    I'll never understand people with hoards of money that scrimp over everything.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    WAYT wrote: »
    Still a useful thread, as they might take note of lack of the necessity of spending such a large amount on a new PC. The STONE PC would more than suffice for their needs. Certainly more powerful than any PC that I own and I am not wanting for PC performance.
    Together with a new 23" IPS monitor, a less than a £250 spend to include an Wireless AC USB network adaptor.
    and its more powerful than my current 10 year old Dell Vostro 200. that in 10 years only mechanical failure was the power switch 3 years ago which only cost me £20 to get fixed by a local PC repair store, but i have upgraded it as much as i can and takes approx. 3 goes to boot it up in the morning
  • were
    were Posts: 632 Forumite
    RumRat wrote: »
    Er.... this is MONEYSAVINGEXPERT site? Do you expect to go to an auto site, and think they teach you how to bake? How do you think people get hoards of cash? :D
  • angryparcel
    WAYT I think they should take your advice and give the difference to Charity, I will never understand why people spend so much money, some even buy them on credit.

Even when I have loads of money I am still tight.

i saw a laptop in the window of Brighthouse the other day £300. with their weekly payment plan you would be paying just under £1000 and i bet people with buy them
  • angryparcel
    Just because you have money why should you get ripped off

People say shop local, now i shop with my wallet. I checked a local PC store for a PC and they quoted me £320, but had to wait a few days for them to get 1 in stock, but as i have the make and model i did a google search and found the same machine for £220, so why should i pay 320 if i can get the same thing for 220
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    were wrote: »
    Er.... this is MONEYSAVINGEXPERT site? Do you expect to go to an auto site, and think they teach you how to bake? How do you think people get hoards of cash? :D
    Er.....I think you missed the point entirely....
    I don't give a fig if you scrimp and scrape for whatever obscure reason.
    Personally I save money to buy decent things. I see no point to saving money otherwise.
    Which is why I wouldn't buy a cheap banger just because it can drive me from A - B as well as a nice car could.
    Sometimes, it's nice to not have to just do...............;)
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Obviously, you not being able to join in the discussion is proving to be a difficulty for you.
    Perhaps you could articulate your problems and possibly, obtain some assistance in resolving them.

It's not difficult as you so succinctly put it it's just mildly irritating when people take a particular os and treat it as though it's some kind of religious belief and spout on about 'I've never known such a wonderful creation in my entire life and I've never had any problems with it so everyone else must be wrong', whilst completely ignoring the fact that 100s (if not 1000s) of people have experienced problems.

I've already linked to my problem but here it is:

After reloading W10 due to it being unable to restore any points I then installed the huge Creative update after being told this would fix it which I believe the Autumn update caused the facility to restore defunct. Now I can't open any jpeg picture just by double-clicking on it. I can by opening a photo inside any viewing app program but not by double-clicking it. Even after making any app a default it still doesn't open the jpeg. The app default window springs up every time I tick the box and asks 'how do you want to open this file?' and I tick the 'always use this app to open jpeg files' box but nothing else happens apart from the desktop refreshing and the window opening again. I've run the troubleshooter for installed apps and it told me there is a problem. Then it told me 'not fixed'. I ran a sfc but there's nothing wrong.

I've tried the Powershell fix for photos but the problem remains. I've made Photos the default app in the settings too for opening photos but the problem remains. I've run the apps troubleshooter downloaded from M$ which said there was corruption and afterwards it said 'fixed'. But the problem remains.

Any ideas?
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport