The Money Club????

Comments

• Just had a phone call from these guys, on my comping mobile (got excited there!!). Trying to flog me first month for £1, no way was I going to give any financial details to a cold caller!!

Told her I was not interested in spending any extra this month, she said it would be a saving, said I was not going to buy anything worthwhile for a month and she said have a look anyway, what's the point of having a look when you're not buying? Took me 5 minutes to get rid of her!

Funny, first reaction was hop on here and have a look, glad I did now - pretty sure I could beat there prices on anything through this site anyway, and it costs me nothing (except time when I really SHOULD be doing something else!!).

Worrying thing is though that anyone else that was less savvy would have given the details, then might have forgotten to cancel (easily done!) and would have ended up well out of pocket. They should come with a health warning.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • This is odd they cannot seem to follow the say sheet. They phoned today stating the sent info by email and post none received but they argued this. I think I would know what email and post i have had.
    They told me i could trial for £1 and then if i liked it subscription was £98 a year!
    Expressed i would like more info to read and they said they couldnt send a pack until i joined for the £1...didnt want to and they pushed me. I said i would join after looking into it a bit more I even asked if i could pay pound by cheque once info was read they wouldnt do it they said they set up direct debits(CONMEN). She asked questions like my date of birth occupation irefused to give this. she pushed saying that trial was availble for one day only!!! Eventually I said I would look into it she then said she would phone me monday lets see if she does!!!
    What I want to say to this is SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Forgot to mention we use Quidco. They are good and you save money.
  • MrXander
    MrXander Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 October 2009 at 5:46PM
    Hi Guys,

Just to advise, as per the post from Money Club above, I have called them today. I advised that all my numbers that they call on are part of the TPS - I have now had all my numbers removed from their records and I got a personal apology from a manager.

Even if you're not on the TPS, call the head office anyway on 01753 733733 - from what the lady told me, they have had hundreds of complaints and this is due to a fault with their auto dialler (why they don't just stop it, god only knows). Either way, give them a call and this will be stopped!
  • the money club, what a rip off. i had a call to take a £1 to join. if i liked it after 4 weeks i could join up for £98 i stupidly payed the £1. didnt think nothing more of it. we got a member pack through the post, put it to one side. didnt realy want it we dont need to buy anything. then to my suprise four weeks later they take £98. i tryed everything to get it back, they just say read your membership. so to all you people out there avoid the money club or loos your money
  • rose11 wrote: »
    My bf joined but having read this he's cancelled the DD online, does he still have to write to them to cancel? and will they be able to have taken any money out, there wasn't anything taken out,when he cancelled today. But I'm worried they will take £98, he was still in 4 week trial.

if you dont put it in wrighting they will take £98 and you wont get it back
    as i found out.
  • Just had a call from these people saying they sent me stuff through the post and had I had a chance to read it - I have recieved nothing from them and had never heard from them!

She started her sales pitch 'Would you like to buy stuff at wholesale cost which is around 50% cheaper than at retail cost?' I think this is a no brainer question - YES. But do I want to use you to do it??

As I was online I googled them but the postman knocked on my door before I could read this section. I put The Money Club on hold while I answered the door (lots of, cheap, Christmas pressies :D ) and when I came back they had hung up.

If they call back it will def be a no from me! I'm quite happy to spend an extra 5 mins trying to find something cheaper rather than spending £89 a year to get someone to do it for me! Especially if they are not going to have the stuff I want!
    Completely out of my student overdraft March 2012! :rotfl:
    Still searching for my first teaching post :(
    Getting Married October 2012 :kisses2:
    Weight loss to date 20lbs :dance:
  • Basacag wrote: »
    Hi

I joined, failed to get my membership cancelled within 8weeks (I am sure I was told 90 days on the phone) and now find myself about £180 down and considering legal action. Don't touch them with someone elses barge pole...

They claim to be able to save money but this site if for people too lazy to do a search for themselves. I cant even find the sections for stuff I want.

I am totally disgruntled and if there are any legal eagles willing to give me some advice on how to proceed on the grounds they are not providing the services they advertise I would appreciate it.

cheers

Ian
    call your bank tell them about how money club work,(the scam) the bank will give your money back and get from MC they have more clout then you, the banks all know about the scam money club run, warn all your mate about, so in the end they may be stopped from trading
  • if you dont put it in wrighting they will take £98 and you wont get it back
    as i found out.
    tell your bank they give it back to u and get from the scammers mc,
    but be warned they can set up the dd again at anytime keep watching your account and inform your bank if they do .tell all your friends about warn everyone u can these scammers must be stopped
    !!!!!! turpin
  • dick_turpin_3
    dick_turpin_3 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 18 December 2009 at 2:39AM
    THE MONEY CLUB
    HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK call your bank tell them about how money club work,(the scam) the bank will give your money back and get from MC they have more clout then you, the banks all know about the scam money club run, warn all your mates about it , so in the end they may be stopped from trading,the more people that ask for their money back the more crap mc will be in. remember they can restart the dd again at anytime the bank will warn u of this but do not stop it..
    !!!!!! turpin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport