Anything & Everything New York (PART 2) - [please search thread before posting]

Comments

• becky_rtw wrote: »
    HAHAHA to LeedsB, relax plenty of time to pack - do the small bag of important stuff (passport etc) first and then do the clothes - that way you can stop stressing about it - the stuff that matters is done everything else is a caspulse wardrobe :D

I took such a small case I got told off for checking it in - duh I have contact lense fluid in there and its too many mls to take on as hand luggage...

It also meant I couldnt buy anything which was handy :D

Im one of those 'just in case' packers which make it worse! Id love a capsual wardrobe! I have 3 copies of all travel documents too:D
  • kaz-mex
    kaz-mex Posts: 24 Forumite
    Whats the best way to get from JFK just the 2 of us landing about 8pm, how much are tolls on the way to hotel staying near madison square gardens. :undecided
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    kaz mex - OH COME ON! this thread is only 3 pages long... go to page 1, click on the link about getting into and around manhattan, and that guide will give you all the information you need about how to get into manhattan..

if you're going for JFK to Midtown, you'll probably use the queens midtown tunnel, which is $4
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,388
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Im one of those 'just in case' packers which make it worse! Id love a capsual wardrobe! I have 3 copies of all travel documents too:D

Oh poor you :p - I took one pair of jeans, two skirts, one dress, two black tights, two coloured tights, one pair of leggings, three tops and two jumpers/cardis, flat boots and high heels and I was done for a whole week (plus running gear and underwear of course) - that fitted into the same case I take away for a weekend break :cool:

But then I hate to think about what I'm going to wear every day and buy everything to match what I already have :o
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    wow... a woman who doesn't overpack..

miracles do happen!!!
  • becky_rtw
    Forumite
    markymoo wrote: »
    wow... a woman who doesn't overpack..

miracles do happen!!!

I also didnt buy anything much while I was there...in fact the only shopping I did was at Dylan's candy bar and I ate all that before I got home :D

Cant wait to go back in April and pack even less - no need for so many chunky jumpers then and I'll be on a running break post marathon so no running gear needed either :p
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    so hand luggage only?

M
  • becky_rtw
    Forumite
    markymoo wrote: »
    so hand luggage only?

M

I will if I can take my contact lense fluid - you're not supposed to decant it and its too big for the 100ml rule :mad::mad::mad:, I could have done hand luggage this time if only for that!
  • KK22_2
    KK22_2 Posts: 307 Forumite
    Becky, you can get mini bottles of solution that are small enough in hand luggage. I can buy it from my opticians and they sometimes have trial sizes for new solutions which are also handy.
  • becky_rtw
    Forumite
    Thanks KK22 - I'll look into that for April's trip - I tried to go the opticians this time before I left, but being NYE they had shut shop early and gone home to party :D

I do think its weird though because the TSA site says saline solution is excluded anyway, but BAA site says only medicines and baby milk is...sigh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure