OU Students Past, Present and Future

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    cavbex wrote: »
    Did you pass? I have my exam in June, our tutor haven't released a past paper as yet, so don't know what to expect!

I passed it, it was a weird exam, as from memory the exam was in 3 parts, but 2 parts = 50%, the other was 50%, so when you allocate your time remember that.

It choices based on the course - when I did mine we were the 1st yr at B203, but you can buy the past exam papers there on the OU site think there about £5 each, sometimes your tutor gets the past exam paper and goes through that. I found the exam easier than B201. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    I Have just completed third essay for DD101. It was data, quantitative and qualitative, I found it really hard going, thought I'd be lucky to scrape a pass and got my best mark yet!

Pressures on now though, I need to up my game to keep getting good results, I'm such a lazy student, I need a kick up the bum.

Thats brilliant, - how you finding the course? xx
  • gravitytolls
    gravitytolls Posts: 13,558 Forumite
    mum2one wrote: »
    Thats brilliant, - how you finding the course? xx

Not quite what I expected TBH. I am enjoying the tutorials though, two tutors in our area so we join groups which is good for more input, folk are a bit shy in case they say something daft.

The course itself it certainly introducing me to some new observations about ourselves, but I didn't like the data one, I saw graphs and a choroplath map, immediately thought 'ugh, maths' and my brain shut down. Just goes to show what you can do when you need to.

I'm starting the W100 in Feb, hoping to manage to be committed to them both and that tutorials don't clash.
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Not quite what I expected TBH. I am enjoying the tutorials though, two tutors in our area so we join groups which is good for more input, folk are a bit shy in case they say something daft.

The course itself it certainly introducing me to some new observations about ourselves, but I didn't like the data one, I saw graphs and a choroplath map, immediately thought 'ugh, maths' and my brain shut down. Just goes to show what you can do when you need to.

I'm starting the W100 in Feb, hoping to manage to be committed to them both and that tutorials don't clash.

Your be fine, the good thing with the exam paper is the multi choice, and if you go to the tutorials you tend to find out a bit more, - having 2 tutors you get a different perspective, when I did mine the tutor was a bloke called Steve, he was brilliant.

W100 - is that intro to Law, sounds famaliar? xx
  • gravitytolls
    gravitytolls Posts: 13,558 Forumite
    mum2one wrote: »
    Your be fine, the good thing with the exam paper is the multi choice, and if you go to the tutorials you tend to find out a bit more, - having 2 tutors you get a different perspective, when I did mine the tutor was a bloke called Steve, he was brilliant.

W100 - is that intro to Law, sounds famaliar? xx

It is yes, it looks good. Thinking of doing youth crime after DD101, to run alongside with W100.

Where are you now with your studies?
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    It is yes, it looks good. Thinking of doing youth crime after DD101, to run alongside with W100.

Where are you now with your studies?

Your love W100, I did that in my 1st yr of studying, its intensive and heavy going but on the other hand you get a lot from it, I really enjoyed it. You work through the books week by week then you have the "work books" where you study from, when I did it, it gave you chance to express your opinion as to why you choose the route you did, I always remember my 1st assisgnment, my tutor put a comment on that I should work for the prosecution as the one "character" we had to make a judgement on, I was trying to prosecute her for everything!.

Studying, I've cheated this yr and doing DD101, as i wasn't ready to do level 3 courses, But needed to keep my place to get the low rate courses. So Sept be level 3 business, get full degree xx
  • celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    A sneaky bump as we'd slipped a bit :)

How is everyone doing?

cel x
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

Hope study is going well :) It's been chaotic here - when I signed up for the workload I hadn't anticipates general life (well, work) chaos, so I'm running like a crazy thing trying to keep up with everything at the moment (and determined not to have to ask for yet another extension on E891!). Collecting data for my other module project at the moment as well (although I admit I am enjoying this module far more, so it doesn't feel like study!) :) I feel a bit like I'm treading water atm, but I will get there.

I have a quick query - I was looking for something to do next year (not that this is addictive or anything :rotfl: ) as with a bit of luck I would have finished my current course at the end of this academic year and I've found one which looks quite interesting.

The only problem is that it contains a compulsory module that I've already done, and counted, towards something else. There doesn't appear to be a substitute for it (this one is made up of three compulsory modules). Does this mean I can't do it as I've already used the module against another qualification?
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    celyn90 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Hope study is going well :) It's been chaotic here - when I signed up for the workload I hadn't anticipates general life (well, work) chaos, so I'm running like a crazy thing trying to keep up with everything at the moment (and determined not to have to ask for yet another extension on E891!). Collecting data for my other module project at the moment as well (although I admit I am enjoying this module far more, so it doesn't feel like study!) :) I feel a bit like I'm treading water atm, but I will get there.

I have a quick query - I was looking for something to do next year (not that this is addictive or anything :rotfl: ) as with a bit of luck I would have finished my current course at the end of this academic year and I've found one which looks quite interesting.

The only problem is that it contains a compulsory module that I've already done, and counted, towards something else. There doesn't appear to be a substitute for it (this one is made up of three compulsory modules). Does this mean I can't do it as I've already used the module against another qualification?

it would depend on the course, as when I did Level 1 - I had W100 (intro to Law) that was a single qualification, plus I joined it up to get a cert in business with 2 other courses.

It also dependant on your funding are you on transational fees? x
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    Gt ema to do for sdk228 and starting d240. Signed up for d308 in October too...must be mad
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport