Teacher told child she could wet herself

Comments

• birtley90
    birtley90 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Guest101 wrote: »
    What?? Doesn't even make any sense.

what exactly was the detrimental effect this had? Does your daughter now use the toilet at appropriate times?

She was not expecting her period but how was the teacher to know that when she asked. I suppose she is now meant to tell the teacher and the rest of the class if it was a female problem

I expect my daughter to have toilet access when needed
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    birtley90 wrote: »
    She was not expecting her period but how was the teacher to know that when she asked. - Because it's perfectly reasonable for her to tell her teacher in advance, so that the teacher is aware. I suppose she is now meant to tell the teacher and the rest of the class if it was a female problem - teacher yes ofcourse. rest of the class, that's up to her.

I expect my daughter to have toilet access when needed

then I suggest you home school her.
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My child ( also year 6) has 30 kids in the class. Many kids were sneaking to the loo to get out of lessons / mess about or vandalise the toilets so the school introduced a rule that you only go to the loo at break. I remember it was the same when I was at school. Once one goes they all ask and its distracting.
    Yes it was a flippant comment but hats off to any teacher who spends all day with a room full of 11 olds if they are anything like the ones in my child's class! I wouldn't do anything. At this age kids need to start sorting out their own issues and stop questioning rules all the time, unless its something very serious. Remind your child to use the loo at lunch, that's it.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    fizz wrote: »
    Well that is really taking the p!ss isn't it......

fizz.x

Sadly children do but most teachers have the measure of them. Sounds like this one has.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Sounds like she needs to be told that toilet breaks are during break time

This is the most stupid authoritarian attitude that should not be tolerated.

You need to go when you need to go. This can be one minute after a break. Many people do not get much warning and holding it in is not good.

Get over yourself and your stupid ideas.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    Ask if it is school policy, it might be, it is in my school under no circumstance can they go out during lessons unless they have a note from a parent
    So do you make the girls put tampons in at their desks if shark week starts during your class? :eek:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    edited 12 July 2017 at 2:44PM
    Ask if it is school policy, it might be, it is in my school under no circumstance can they go out during lessons unless they have a note from a parent

Sorry, when did schools become prisons. If that were me in my day I would be like "!!!! you i need the bog, I am going", from about eight.

But of course school is all about conformisam and remembering !!!! these days and not about learning.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    But she didn't wet herself, or bleed everywhere, so it's hardly the end of the world is it?
    Maybe she's always asking to go to the loo to get out of the class and the teacher suspected her of crying wolf.
  • Guest101
    Carrot007 wrote: »
    This is the most stupid authoritarian attitude that should not be tolerated. - And the alternative is the lazy millennial liberal problem we have now....

You need to go when you need to go. This can be one minute after a break. Many people do not get much warning and holding it in is not good. - It's fine, there is no issue with holding it in.

Get over yourself and your stupid ideas.

Careful now, you're starting to sound like a whingy little so and so. There are rules, follow them or don't, but if you don't - then feel free to home school your kids.
  • Guest101
    Carrot007 wrote: »
    Sorry, when did schools become prisons. If that were me in my day I would be like "!!!! you i need the bog, I am going", from about eight.

But of course school is all about conformisam and remembering !!!! these days and not about learning.

You sir are the problem.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport