Asda money changing thingy

If this is in the wrong place, please can the mod move it.

Does anyone here know how much the change sorting machines take as a 'fee' in asda and or the links of?

Basically got £18 needing to go into a bank, but dont have mony bags.

rgds
Graham

If you don't ask, you don't find out!

Comments

• If you go into the bank they will give you some money bags. Sorry don't know about those machines though.
  • Hi, I don't know about the change sorting machine, but we had our daughter's piggy bank money to pay in to the bank. We didn't have any money bags either, but just used plastic sandwich bags and the bank accepted them! We separated the coins so they didn't mind, and they gave us some proper coin bags to use next time.
  • westie666 wrote:
    If this is in the wrong place, please can the mod move it.

Does anyone here know how much the change sorting machines take as a 'fee' in asda and or the links of?

Basically got £18 needing to go into a bank, but dont have mony bags.

rgds
    Graham

As far as I am aware the coin sorting machines can charge between 6% and 9%.

I have no idea why people use these, a little time out of your day and you save this money instantly by bagging the coins yourself.
    "That's a big 10 - 4 Good Buddy"
    £2 Coin Savers Club
    2006 - £1180 Banked
    2007 - £110 Banked
  • As far as I am aware the coin sorting machines can charge between 6% and 9%.

I have no idea why people use these, a little time out of your day and you save this money instantly by bagging the coins yourself.

What a money spinner they must be, when I was a wee fella, my gran used to use us as her copper counters.
    I think I need to put in a claim ;)
    Only one Debt left and thats the Mortgage

June 05 - £110,500
    June 06 - £ 99,000
    June 07 - £96,000
    June 08 - £90,000 TARGET
    June 09 - £85,000 TARGET
  • The one in my local sainsburys is 7.5% .

My local branch never has coin bags - no idea why. Plus they only let you pay in 5 bags at a time. (Though you can pay as much as you want into a childs account).
  • In our local Barclays they have a change machine where you stick your card in first, tip your change in and then it credits it to your account - you don't pay any % extra to them for doing so. Check out your barclays people!!
  • bb2611
    bb2611 Posts: 88 Forumite
    The Same thing is available in the HSBC branch in Newcastle upon Tyne
  • I sort mine into money bags provided free by the Halifax - they too only accept 5 bags per day unless it is a childs account.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,428
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    westie666 wrote:
    ........Basically got £18 needing to go into a bank, but dont have mony bags.

The machine in my local Asda would "steal" £1.35 of your hard earned £18 if you choose to use it.

Basically 7.5%

WHATEVER YOU DO KEEP AWAY FROM IT !!!!!!!
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • randan
    randan Posts: 393 Forumite
    I just wish they would introduce a machine that would accept £5, £10, £20 and £50 notes and convert them in £100's.

Don't people realise how annoying and inconvenient it is having to carry round stacks of low value notes !!!! ;)
    Your really can not beat a good bargain !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure