Indulgence Flights, can you help me please?

I am not clued up on this at all, but my husband has just left for Cyprus for 2 but a possible stretch to nearly 4 months.

Well I thought during this time I would like to take my younger daughter out to see him for a week but I am unsure and have little imformation on indulgence flights and the cheapest commercial flight I could find for us both was £390 return my daughter is only just 3.

Can anyone help and give me more info please? :confused:

Comments

• Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    you will struggle to get a flight, not very nice to wait 3-4 days for a flight with a child.

I would try last minute holidays to cyprus, allocation on arrival. Then go from there..
  • discobaby
    discobaby Posts: 1,156 Forumite
    ok thanks for the tip :)
  • try the usual teletext holidays, thompson auctions, last minute.com etc, but come october time the package holidays stop, and prices increase a bit.

i know a little about this, as i was posted to cyprus..
  • genieuk
    genieuk Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi Discobaby,

I am in Ay Nik and indulged back to UK 2weeks ago I paid 40pounds/58euros.

When we completed the paperwork we had to give a choice of two dates, to cyprus they fly in on a Tuesday leave Wednesday then fly in again Saturday and leave Sunday. I had two dates to return but these were full duty personnel or compasionate cases take priority. As I couldn't get a return flight I scoured the net, pricerightflights.com was recommended and I checked them daily and got a flight back Sunday 31st August 47 pounds total inc taxes one way from Heathrow to Larnaca.

I hope this helps, if you need them I have a couple of numbers for indulgence at Brize or Akrotiri worth giving it a shot.
    Mortgage
    June 2011 £145,943.13
    Dec 16 £74,537; Feb
    Aug 17 £59,399.96
    Nov 19 £0.00
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Try asking the question here www.e-goat.co.uk

BUT be aware as it's a military forum the replies may be a little more robust than you would get here...that said somebody will have the difinative answer over there..
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • discobaby
    discobaby Posts: 1,156 Forumite
    genieuk wrote: »
    Hi Discobaby,

I am in Ay Nik and indulged back to UK 2weeks ago I paid 40pounds/58euros.

When we completed the paperwork we had to give a choice of two dates, to cyprus they fly in on a Tuesday leave Wednesday then fly in again Saturday and leave Sunday. I had two dates to return but these were full duty personnel or compasionate cases take priority. As I couldn't get a return flight I scoured the net, pricerightflights.com was recommended and I checked them daily and got a flight back Sunday 31st August 47 pounds total inc taxes one way from Heathrow to Larnaca.

I hope this helps, if you need them I have a couple of numbers for indulgence at Brize or Akrotiri worth giving it a shot.

Hi, Yes I would really appreciate it if you could forward me those numbers via pm!! Many thanks :)
  • £47!!!

I'm impressed! How long before the flight did you find that price? I've been looking at flight costs for all times of year and they never seem to be very cheap from Larnaca.

Apparently the indulgence flights are pretty busy at the moment - anyone know if certain times of year are better?
    Feb 14 GC - £89.37/£300
  • genieuk
    genieuk Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    I was looking for the best part of a week. That one popped up on the Thursday, booked it Friday (slightly cheaper) and flew that Sunday. Although when I checked in the lady asked how I'd booked it as she didn't recognise the company. One on there now leaving from Bournemouth to Larnaca flight ECA887 62.50inc one way or Paphos to Gatwick for 62 euros. Just have to keep checking and if you can be flexible with airports the better
    Mortgage
    June 2011 £145,943.13
    Dec 16 £74,537; Feb
    Aug 17 £59,399.96
    Nov 19 £0.00
  • Used to work in movements at Ay Nik. Going back a while though.
    Basically major holidays are unlikely and it's fairly busy around half terms. But just make your journey opposite. So when people are heading to Blighty to get out of the heat, you go get into etc.
    It's always worth it as a back up. But do keep real fare money on your cc incase you need it.
    There is a priority list and indulge is at bottom after comps and sports etc.
    That said, I've also had a flight to the Falklands out of them.
    Best of luck.
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I did 23 years and found indulgence flights to be rather like the Loch Ness Monster - lots of reported sightings, hundreds of apparently reliable witnesses - but, when it came to the crunch - no real proof of its existence !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure