warning do not use clothes for cash

Options

Comments

• money21
    money21 Posts: 405 Forumite
    Options
    is there in essex ilford to give your old clothes in for cash have been hoarding in the garage wouldnt mind making some money out of them
  • MikeR71
    MikeR71 Posts: 3,852 Forumite
    Options
    For me the issue is quite simple: you send these people your clothes which you believe to be worthy of £2 per kilo. But someone at this company decides that it's worth £0. Ok, so far I have little problem with this, as this is their right not to like your clothes.
    BUT then if you want your clothes back, you have to pay £20 to get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This in itself is daylight robbery.

It allows the company to put any evaluation on the clothes that they like. Oh but hang on, they have covered it in their T&Cs so it's ok. !!!!!!!!.
  • r36_2
    r36_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    MikeR71 wrote: »
    For me the issue is quite simple: you send these people your clothes which you believe to be worthy of £2 per kilo. But someone at this company decides that it's worth £0. Ok, so far I have little problem with this, as this is their right not to like your clothes.
    BUT then if you want your clothes back, you have to pay £20 to get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This in itself is daylight robbery.

It allows the company to put any evaluation on the clothes that they like. Oh but hang on, they have covered it in their T&Cs so it's ok. !!!!!!!!.

Yeh I take your point Mike, but say you paid a tenner to collect something from someone to sell on then found out it was worthless and you couldnt sell it for anything. Would you then pay another tenner to send it back? and like anything else these days its clearly says UP TO on the website. Do people complain when their 8mg broadband is only 4mg? anyway im not arguing a business model.

I have made my point that people should read and check things FIRST before complaining, what ive read on here is almost slanderous towards a company. and I don't care which company it is. And no im not going to keep this forum tennis going.

I had very good service from clothes for cash, some one else didn't. c'est la vie. But I certainly wouldnt go around calling a company thieves and saying im going to contact trading standards if I didnt read instructions or terms and conditions properly!
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    how do you even know that you would see your clothes again if you send £20 to get them back its a scam and its been reported.

i expect my clothes have been sold on a car boot somewhere.
    :footie:
  • me4bargains
    me4bargains Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for this thread OP.
    I was going to use CFC but thought I'd check it out first.
    I will not be using them now!
    Third time lucky on WW I hope :j
    January: 13st 11lb :eek:, February: 13st 2.5lb, March: 12st 13lb, April: 12st 10.5lb, May: 12st 2lb, June: 12st 1lb, July: 12st 1lb, August: 11st 11lb, September: 11st 10.5lb, October: 11st 12.5lb, Currently 11st 8lb
  • eileen4045
    Options
    i have used clothes for cash and no problum , some people just like a mone keep up good work clothes for cash ,people dont read small print only when it suits
  • dollypeeps
    dollypeeps Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we take ours to a local centre where they weigh and pay in front of you,,,50p per kilo not a lot but better than giving them away....toys and ornaments etc usually go to the pdsa....they take everything apart from husbands in there!!!!!
    Grocery spends £193.44/ £70 per week or £303 per month
  • izzoh
    izzoh Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have used them before and I got my money...very quick and no issues, not a lot but more then I would have got a boot sale. I hope they have not gone down hill as they are picking up some more on Tuesday! :-/
    9 years and counting
  • missrabbit
    missrabbit Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Just wanted to reiterate, do not use clothes for cash. I practically filled a whole sacks worth of good quality clothing only to be told one tenth of it was unusable and the rest was worth £5.40!

I honestly think the only way to get anywhere near the £18 advertised on their website you would need to fill the sack with about 50 winter coats.

The company is basically deceiving people into thinking if you fill a sack you will get £18 you will get a reasonable amount of money but you won't! And I have no idea why a tenth of my clothes were rejected as I followed their guidelines to letter and most of the stuff was brand new!

Take your clothes to a car boot. At 5p an item you'd earn more!
  • HannahIOW
    HannahIOW Posts: 2,958 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the thread, requested a pack but will be avoiding now...
    £2 Savers Club 2011 (putting towards a deposit :)) - £588
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport