Duplicate Tax Disc -on taxed car with no tax disc, bought at auction

Comments

• Jvic28
    Jvic28 Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    S0litaire wrote: »
    Do you actually READ these posts?

once the DVLA has received a claim to refund the tax disk (with said tax disk provided as evidence) a couple of clicks on a keyboard, then the DVLA database is updated to sat that the car no longer has a valid Tax disk.

you are happily motoring along doing 65mpg on the motor way then Mr Plod in his panda car comes up behind you and flashes his wee blue lights.

Guess what the little box called "ANPR" has beeped to tell the polds in the panda that your Numberplate, according the the DVLA database, has NO valid Tax therefore no insurance or MOT!

so it's probably gonna cost you £300+ (£60 fine and points £120 for them to tow it away plus £20 per day storage) to get your car back. Those are rough estimates.

That's not even including the trouble you'll get in for if you DID get a disk from the DVLA think the legal phrase "obtaining with deception" my get banded about...

But if you think you'll get away with it! Go for it!

I work for a car dealership and regularly surrender tax discs for refunds on part exchanges. I have often received a letter stating that a duplicate disc has been issued and that the disc I have surrendered is now invalid and will therefore not be refunded. As far as I am aware, it never goes any further than this.

However, I think it would be unethical for you to claim a duplicate as the original owner may wish to claim his refund and you bought the vehicle at auction where it was not stated that it was taxed.

x
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 190
    17/05/08 - Total on DMP: £10025.70
    07/05/14 - Total on DMP: £1666.20 DFD: July 2017!!
    Baby Tomos born 5th June 2009 - 6lb 5oz :j
    Weight Loss Target - to lose 60.8lb by NYE 2015 - 37.6lb TO GO
  • john539 wrote: »
    Where has anyone said that ?

If you have nothing useful to say you can go to another thread.

You have said that

You purchased a vehicle at auction with no road tax included, your now in the process of making a fraudulent application to get one

That is gaining an advantage through deception and hence fraud

And why post if your not listening, not one person has agreed with you

As for insurance, if your car is not road legal (i.e road tax) then any insurance may become void or reduced, given your deception will be uncovered and you will have no legal right to the tax it will be withdrawn at which point your vehicle is not road legal

You really are a !!!!ing retard

Hopefully you do us all a favour and crash and kill yourself on the way to the post box
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You have said that

You purchased a vehicle at auction with no road tax included, your now in the process of making a fraudulent application to get one

That is gaining an advantage through deception and hence fraud

And why post if your not listening, not one person has agreed with you

As for insurance, if your car is not road legal (i.e road tax) then any insurance may become void or reduced, given your deception will be uncovered and you will have no legal right to the tax it will be withdrawn at which point your vehicle is not road legal

You really are a !!!!ing retard

Hopefully you do us all a favour and crash and kill yourself on the way to the post box
    Eh, did you get out of the bed on the wrong side ?

Ps: thanked you by mistake.
  • john539
    Jvic28 wrote: »
    I work for a car dealership and regularly surrender tax discs for refunds on part exchanges. I have often received a letter stating that a duplicate disc has been issued and that the disc I have surrendered is now invalid and will therefore not be refunded. As far as I am aware, it never goes any further than this.

However, I think it would be unethical for you to claim a duplicate as the original owner may wish to claim his refund and you bought the vehicle at auction where it was not stated that it was taxed.

x
    Now that is a good post.

But the situation you describe is slightly different.
    You seem to be saying that people who have part-exchanged their car with the tax disc have then got a Duplicate for a car they no longer have.
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    john539 wrote: »
    Read Section F very carefully, once the Duplicate is issued to the Registered Keeper, the original is No Longer Valid, therefore there is no refund to claim on the original.

Are you a fool, the reason this thread is No1 hit on Google, is because there is only one thread with the words you entered.

!!!!!!, do you understand possession? You do NOT possess the tax to this vehicle, you did not purchase the vehicle with tax. You have no right to claim a duplicate disc. Read the very first section of the V20 very carefully, it's carefully worded for legal purposes

You should of considered the lack of tax when purchasing the vehicle, not tried to scam your way to a few free months, until either the current disc expires or is cancelled. If it is cancelled you will not know, so your vehicle will be on the highway without tax without you knowing, at which point you will start to alert ANPR systems, are you going to check every day to see if the tax is valid?

Lets read Section A of the V20 together:-

You will need to apply for a duplicate tax disc if:
    Your original disc has been lost, stolen, destroyed or spoilt in any way.

Now answer this simple question, what happened to "your" original disc?
  • john539
    Keith wrote: »
    You will need to apply for a duplicate tax disc if:
    Your original disc has been lost, stolen, destroyed or spoilt in any way.

Now answer this simple question, what happened to "your" original disc?
    Presumed lost if previous owner does not apply for refund quick.

DVLA are only interested in who the Registered Keeper is.

So any person with the tax disc (previous owner, motor dealer) can apply for a refund or the Registered Keeper can apply for a Duplicate.
  • john539 wrote: »
    Presumed lost if previous owner does not apply for refund quick.

DVLA are only interested in who the Registered Keeper is.

So any person with the tax disc (previous owner, motor dealer) can apply for a refund or the Registered Keeper can apply for a Duplicate.

The DVLA might not be but the courts are

What you are proposing is ILLEGAL

ARE YOU !!!!ING THICK OR JUST ILLITERATE?????????????
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Why bother posting a reply, the OP is certain that he is correct, so just let him get on with it, I really cannot understand why he even bothered posting on here, he obviously has all of the answers.

( Even if they are incorrect ).:rolleyes:
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Personally I think he's Nucking Futs! But it's his Licence, car & bank balance! Just so long as he's not one of those "boy racers", That one of my mates will have to end up scrapeing and spounging off of a wall after skidding out and hitting it at over 90.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • john539
    The DVLA might not be but the courts are

What you are proposing is ILLEGAL

ARE YOU !!!!ING THICK OR JUST ILLITERATE?????????????

Do you understand English, read any posts or just come to rant ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure