Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Comments

• LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just had an e-mail reminding panellists not to write posting details on envelopes. About time too; I was just about to report to them that one received item today had those details on it.

Just seen the email and was really surprised they say "These details have included . . . if theitem required a SMART."

I understand noting PB or PO could be a useful reminder when you are away from home and want a reminder of place and suggested time but fail to see why anyone would need a reminder about a Smart which they need to insert when they make up the package in the first place.

If I was preparing a mail item and didn't have the required Smart at the time of initially putting things together I simply left the item unsealed. If it was fully prepared then it had a Smart (or one wasn't required) and sealing the envelope was the final step to say it was ready for posting.
  • heatherks
    heatherks Posts: 854 Forumite
    i am doing the correctly delivered survey and today I actually recieved mail for a house round corner from me ..same number differnt street .... i have posted it through the correct door ...but what would you do ?
    .. put it back in postbox or deliver by hand to correct door ( in my case the person's house is near postbox anyway)

.. a few months ago i actually received mail for 4 neighbours through my door ... ( regular posttman as well ) but i wasn't doing the Correctly deivered mail survey at the time
  • heatherks wrote: »
    i am doing the correctly delivered survey and today I actually recieved mail for a house round corner from me ..same number differnt street .... i have posted it through the correct door ...but what would you do ?
    .. put it back in postbox or deliver by hand to correct door ( in my case the person's house is near postbox anyway)

.. a few months ago i actually received mail for 4 neighbours through my door ... ( regular posttman as well ) but i wasn't doing the Correctly deivered mail survey at the time

I've done both in the past, if it was close I'd post through correct address. The last time it happened I was at home so I just called up the road to postie and asked him to come back and get them.
  • aninymoose wrote: »
    I've done both in the past, if it was close I'd post through correct address. The last time it happened I was at home so I just called up the road to postie and asked him to come back and get them.
    Depends how close the house was to mine, otherwise would either return to postie if he was still around or put in box with a note to redeliver to correct address
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got a letter for a neighbour earlier this week - I posted it through their door by hand. When you log an incorrectly delivered item there will be an option to say what you did with it (postman, post box or hand delivered) :)
    2020 Wins:
  • heatherks
    heatherks Posts: 854 Forumite
    Years ago we used to get them for the next town but correct street, i would put that in and underline the town

lately i think the postie must need glasses as i have had quite a few mailings for neigbours and street round corner ,,which if i see him i will shout him back ..but usually deliver them by hand
  • Eliza_2
    Eliza_2 Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know at what point the SMART journey starts? Is there a sensor in the postbox to pick it up or does the recording start from when the postman delivers it to the sorting office?

The reason I ask is that I am in a rural area and only one collection at 11.30 am from the box. It would be really handy if I could sometimes post the next days mailing on the previous evening - while it would be a white lie to say I've posted it say 9.30 am on Friday when actually I've posted it 6.30 Thursday evening, would that matter or would it even be picked up?

It would mean I can post on the way home from work rather than having to make a special trip (by car)early in the morning then drive past the same post box at 1pm to go to work.

Thanks
    3010 Posts: 5,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Eliza wrote: »
    Does anyone know at what point the SMART journey starts? Is there a sensor in the postbox to pick it up or does the recording start from when the postman delivers it to the sorting office?

The reason I ask is that I am in a rural area and only one collection at 11.30 am from the box. It would be really handy if I could sometimes post the next days mailing on the previous evening - while it would be a white lie to say I've posted it say 9.30 am on Friday when actually I've posted it 6.30 Thursday evening, would that matter or would it even be picked up?

It would mean I can post on the way home from work rather than having to make a special trip (by car)early in the morning then drive past the same post box at 1pm to go to work.

Thanks

You will be fine to post in the evening before. Just make sure you log it that you posted it the day before after the collection, so when asked if posted before last collection say no and fill the rest in.

The smarts will be tracked from when they arrive at the sorting office.
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    ... put in box with a note to redeliver to correct address
    If you do this, make sure any tag codes are obliterated, otherwise you'll probably get it straight back (they are the orange barcodes you sometimes see printed on the envelope)

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Eliza wrote: »

Thanks
    either at a hub delivery office with scanner or the mail centre.
    If you ever see inside a Post box you will see its as low tech as it gets ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure