Sigur Ros Downloads

If you're into Icelandic band Sigur Ros, then there are recordings of old tracks available to download from the media section of their website.

Sigur Ros Downloads

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• jiblets1
    jiblets1 Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    which one's the one from the BBC intro adverts - my OH was asking about that this week! Is it on there?
    Am not witty enough to put something cool and informative here:o :o
  • I've loved Sigur Ros for several years. I whole-heartedly recommend them to anyone who likes ambient, chill-out, ethereal, atmospheric, emotive music.

On that site, you can also download Staralfur, which is amazing. A lovely track to wake up to, if you can set your alarm to whatever song you like!

Olsen Olsen is also great. In fact the whole Ágætis byrjun album is wonderful. As is the album confusingly called ( ).

Great find, thank you!
  • jiblets1 wrote: »
    which one's the one from the BBC intro adverts - my OH was asking about that this week! Is it on there?

I don't think the BBC have ever used other people's music for their idents. However, Sigur Ros's music is often used as "beds" on programmes, adverts and trailers. The most popular one to use is probably Hoppipolla, which has been used to advertise, amongst other programmes, the BBC's Planet Earth. See if that's the one you want by listening to it on Dizzler.

If you're definitely after the music used on an ident, you could check out the BBC's "Downloads and Idents" page.
  • MediSin
    MediSin Posts: 118 Forumite
    I don't think the BBC have ever used other people's music for their idents.

They do, it's where I discovered Lemon Jelly :-)
    I think it's a Sigur ros track that gets played on the ident with the hot air balloon?
    BBC sneaks a lot of good music in amongst mediocre programmes...:p
  • tillytat
    tillytat Posts: 897 Forumite
    Thanks for this, will give it a go.
  • jiblets1
    jiblets1 Posts: 1,211 Forumite

I don't think the BBC have ever used other people's music for their idents. However, Sigur Ros's music is often used as "beds" on programmes, adverts and trailers. The most popular one to use is probably Hoppipolla, which has been used to advertise, amongst other programmes, the BBC's Planet Earth. See if that's the one you want by listening to it on Dizzler.

If you're definitely after the music used on an ident, you could check out the BBC's "Downloads and Idents" page.

That's the one!!! Thank you!!!:T
    Am not witty enough to put something cool and informative here:o :o
  • snipeor
    snipeor Posts: 10 Forumite
    I dont think you will find the track you are looking for if your talking about the song that the bbc used for the Planet Earth documentary adverts. I think its called Hoppipolla.

Also I swear I heard supermassive black hole by muse on blue peter once.
  • Thank you. I'm going to see them in London next week. Can't wait! One of the greatest live acts on the planet.
  • wolflikeme wrote: »
    Thank you. I'm going to see them in London next week. Can't wait! One of the greatest live acts on the planet.

They are, yes! I remember seeing them at South Park in Oxford. They opened with Svefn-g-englar with him echoing the main chorus riff a capella. Lovely!
  • As you all seem to like Ambient music. Check out ambientrecords.co.uk

Good website for all things ambient - including Sigur Ros.

The guy really knows his stuff so if you are trying to track down music he would be a good source of help.
    Murphs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport