Barclaycard Cashback removing the 1% Amex card

Comments

• ceminem
    ceminem Posts: 133 Forumite
    Same here, not received the letter but sent a secure message anyway to ask.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've still not received the letter. I'll likely ditch the card altogether as the 0.5% rate is pretty poor.

If you know of any cards on a like for like basis that pay more please let me know.
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Got my letter a few days ago & cancelled my account.
    Pity as it was a nice little earner since 2006............
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Got my letter a few days ago & cancelled my account.
    Pity as it was a nice little earner since 2006............

I assume you already have alternative cashback arrangements and have not cancelled this card and left yourself with no cashback cardt at all?
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    I assume you already have alternative cashback arrangements and have not cancelled this card and left yourself with no cashback cardt at all?

I have a NW cashback card.......only 0.5%.
    Now if you know of a 1.0% cashback ( not vouchers actual cash ) please let us all know.
    ;);)
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Now if you know of a 1.0% cashback ( not vouchers actual cash ) please let us all know.
    ;);)

I refer you to post #13 ;)
  • ceminem
    ceminem Posts: 133 Forumite
    Confirmed closure, but no incentive for me to keep account

Thanks for your message.

Our partnership with American Express is coming to an end, meaning we are unfortunately no longer able to continue offering the Barclaycard Cashback product. We'll issue a new Visa card which will earn 0.5% on all spend with no capped limit. You'll not be able to earn 1% cashback after the migration.

The migration will start from 03 July and 31 August 2017. Please be assured that the following details will remain unchanged on your new Visa card;

*PIN
    *Fees and charges
    *Credit limit
    *Payment due dates
    *Direct Debit arrangements
    *Interest rates
    *Any existing Balance Transfers or promotional rates
    *Login details for mybarclaycard

There is no such incentive due to this migration. However, you currently have £8.17 cashback balance on your account. If you want to close your Barclaycard Cashback account, you are still eligible for your cashback. This will be credited to your account when you are next billed.

Should you wish to go ahead and close your Barclaycard account, please contact us by 'Reply' and the necessary arrangements will be made.

I trust this information is of assistance.
  • teena
    teena Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi
    I sent a secure message complaining, as described so helpfully in a previous message. I got a phone call offering me £30. I said others had been offered £50 ( perhaps I should have just said "more" at first) and after they went off to consult I was offered £50. It is worth another shot. Good luck
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    I have a NW cashback card.......only 0.5%.
    ;);)

Is 'NW' short for NatWest ?

I thought initially you meant Nationwide? But my Nationwide Visa credit card only pays 0.25% hardly worth bothering with, that's another card that has slowly dropped it CB rates over the years
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • crumpetman
    crumpetman Posts: 339 Forumite
    I sent a secure message to complain also, got offered six months of interest free which does not seem too useful considering my low credit limit on this card and that I have no big purchases to make. If I took up the offer and put the money in the bank instead I think I'd only make £10 at most in interest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure