* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Peppa- oh no sorry its another week added onto the end of the treatment, you will get there in the end though x. I get mad when people walk across carpeted areas in department stores rather than sticking to designated walkways - think we might be a bit crazy?

Princesskitty- we are here whenever life lets you get back on x

Chrissy- best get it ordered quickly so you can delete the browsing history so prying eyes cant see!

Pinksteps- glad she is almost back to herself, now you have said that you can understand that gull poop might well be the cause. Wherever she got it from you can breathe a bit more now x

Cherry- welcome!

Vulpix- lets hope whoever took the call for the appointment passes on the message about your mom x

I have had a real laugh today- now that we are down to a one car couple whenever DH is out I tend to go in DDs mini when we go out mooching. Today I have been looking for lamps (and there some really beautiful ones out there at some eye watering prices!!), then DD suggested we go to Moms to keep her company as she has parcels coming today-' why don't we take the dog?' she said. So we came home, got a fleece blanket to cover the car (black interior and GS hair do not mix!) and the dog. We tried to put her in the back o the car- wouldn't fit! I had to sit in the passenger seat with my legs in a VERY unladylike position with a large uncomfortable GS in between! We had to concertina her in- and then her tail kept sticking out so we couldn't shut the door- it was hilarious! It would have taken much less time had we not been rolling about in fits of giggles, Ruby wasn't quite so amused( but I think she saw the funny side when we got to moms as she loves her nanny). We had to reverse the operation when we got there and then again to come home. Luckily mom only lives about a 7 min car journey away. Goodness only knows what anyone would have thought if they had seen us! (probably one of those times you had to be there but it made me laugh).
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • lazysheep
    lazysheep Posts: 353 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Pinksteps wrote: »
    Oh I meant to ask, this will be a long shot but last year Ruth_honey posted a lovely cross stitch of Meg and Mog that she had made for Halloween. It was on bright orange aida and I was wondering if anyone had the chart. Not sure if it was in a magazine but I've really been wanting to make it.

Pink i did a google image search for 'meg and mog cross stitch' and found an image someone has posted on pinterest of a chart in 2 parts. Not sure if that's the one ruth-honey did though!

Should be able to see them on this board - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/456833955923566025/
  • murie
    Oh and I forgot to mention that one of the parcels mom was waiting for just happens to be the Alison Cork glitter tree I have lusted after from QVC! She doesn't know that I have guessed so I have to keep my excitement under wraps! Guess what I will be getting as my advent present!! Sshhh!!
    lovin' this site!
  • girlinayellowdress
    girlinayellowdress Posts: 636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 23 August 2016 at 8:47PM
    lazysheep wrote: »
    Pink i did a google image search for 'meg and mog cross stitch' and found an image someone has posted on pinterest of a chart in 2 parts. Not sure if that's the one ruth-honey did though!

Should be able to see them on this board - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/456833955923566025/

Oh I think it is that one, thank you so much, managed to save that and another on Pinterest, now I need some orange aida, shopping tomorrow

Edit, I've just searched through last years thread and found her pic, it was that one thank you
  • Hi all, how rubbish am I not been on since January :-( Seems like life has taken over this year but kids back to school in a couple of weeks so my planning really can start. Gonna spend today chilling in the garden and catching up on here to see whats been going on.
  • murie
    Quickly popping on this very hot an sticky day to say kids took Mylie to the vets today for her second booster and came back with Bailey the boy cat! Turns out he has 'grown a pair' which made it a lot easier for the vet to sex him! Poor kitten is having an identity crisis! (But he does answer to Bailey as its close to Mylie).

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine or staying in the cool whichever is better for them x
    lovin' this site!
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Caught up on the past week, so apologies that some of this is a bit behind. HOW DID I MISS CHRISTMAS ALL DAY ON CHANNEL 5 :(

Chrissy – You must be so proud of your DD doing her shop alone & finding the substitutions is fab.

Free – I have had a look, I got all confused the first thing I read but am going to look more on pinterest as it looks like something I may quite like (if I get my head round it) :o WOO go you starting on the Christmas food :D *puts hand up* I too have a UFO, I really need to book my sewing lessons too that I got for my birthday. Bunting looks fab.

MrsRyan – oooo enjoy the Harrods Christmas shop – jealous!

Nic – I really hope the high school ladies become nicer so that it isn’t a too long 18months.

Vulpix – Hope it’s nothing too serious with your mum.

GTQ – Sounds like you had a good holiday, other than the not being let in the club?! You must be a Christmas cake making machine!

Peppa – Sorry Chemo was delayed again. Hope you manage to have it next week.

My brother officially leaves Saturday so I am going to see him tomorrow and then me and DH are going to my parents for tea with him on Friday and to say bye, I already know I will be an emotional wreck :rotfl: :( I wish him luck though and as many of you have said, the advancements in technology (skype/facetime) will make it much easier to stay in touch.
    On the Christmas front I have lost my lists I previously made - knew I should of put them in the Christmas Folder and have started again. I'm going to try and print the templates out I used previously and get organised. Reallllly need to cook my two fruit cakes for Christmas too...oh dear I am feeling behind!
    All being well I should finish my Christmas craft JUST in time, i'm waiting on a couple of bits to be delivered from eBay as I'm actually going to make some for friends/family and the xmas craft fair too (in all this spare time I have ;):eek: )
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • murie wrote: »
    Quickly popping on this very hot an sticky day to say kids took Mylie to the vets today for her second booster and came back with Bailey the boy cat! Turns out he has 'grown a pair' which made it a lot easier for the vet to sex him! Poor kitten is having an identity crisis! (But he does answer to Bailey as its close to Mylie).

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine or staying in the cool whichever is better for them x

Made me giggle, we had Dave the cockatiel for a long time until one day he laid an egg and became Sharon! :rotfl:
  • Hi all

Well Freespirit! I thought you were a lovely, kind thoughtful lady ….but….NO!!!!!!!! You have caused me to spend a fortune on stuff to Bujo……:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I'm not really doing it right but have a page for people coming to my party and another for the food I am going to do. I got a lovely picture and quote about books from FB so I copied it(not bad as I find it difficult to draw the curtains!!!!!!) I think it will be more of a memory book rather than somewhere to cross of lists. (I still have my spreadsheets for that)
    I have to do everything in pencil in a cheap pad to make sure I like the layout, then copy it, in pencil, to my Bujo. I wondered why the name had been shortened to 4 letters rather than just 2 but I have just typed them here and now I know why!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Murie- I can't follow the links to the lamp. Could you post the Amazon description for me please?:o

Karrie1uk. What a lovely plan to use the box as an advent.:T:T

I have been browsing around looking for a Pandora ring for DD but they are quite expensive. I have found a site called the Jewel Hut who has a sale on Pandora and I noticed a lot of the reduced charms were Christmas ones. Worth a look if that's your thing.:)

I am still celebrating my Golden Year ad have been away the last 3 weekends. One of them was in a yurt. It was a great time with the girls but far too primitive for me. Compost toilet, rope bridge, no kitchen…..get the picture?????:eek::eek::eek:
    I'm off to Skipwith Station this weekend. It is refurbished train carriages and they are very luxurious, going by the website. Much more my style!:D:D:D:D

Work is very stressful just now and I am beginning to suffer with poor skin again.:(:( I hope the coconut oil works it's magic and helps it clears quickly. :A
    Well, I must rush…...I have some Bujo-ing to do:rotfl::rotfl:

Bye xxx
    Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible:j
    Christmas is not a time but a state of mind :xmassmile
    Trying.....Very trying- as my DH would say :whistle:
    Loving de-cluttering :heart:
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    peppa sorry your chemo was delayed again fingers crossed for next week

free love the bunting do you have plans for it? bonus on the free crockery more spends for the xmas fund

pinksteps sounds like a scary few hours glad teddy is on the mend

gtq sounds like you had a great time. Its amazing how littlies have a knack of seeing presents they aren't supposed to I'm sure she'll be even more excited to get it now though.

murie poor bailey hopefully he'll settle into his new identity quickly

took the kids strawberry picking this weekend they had loads of fun sometimes its the simple things that make the best memories. We got lots of lovely ripe juicy ones and I was surprised at how cheap they were compared to the shops only downside is they went bad really quickly luckily we used most of them the same day as by the next they had started to go bad :(.
    I placed and order with the works as they had fairy(elf) doors and wooden memory books/boxes cheap not sure what they'll be like quality wise but picking it up tomorrow so will report back. If they're decent I thought they'd make nice personalisable gifts.
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure