Anyone used The Knowledge Academy?

Comments

• I am posting this message to share my experience, yes it is my first comment but I am not getting anywhere in resolving my issue.
    I paid £2500 for the B.A diploma which includes 4 modules.
    Knowledge Academy where very eager to get me to purchase, however halfway through I reasons to complain and their tactic seems to be simply not to respond.
    Ive no axe to grind sometimes companies don't deliver with their service, Issues have included: reading materials still not being sent, wrong dates and durations given for courses, courses being cancelled at short notice. They were the cheapest however, you pays your money you takes your chance and I can deal with the aforementioned. (By the way QA are nearly twice as expensive so you cant really compare the two but I have heard good things from somebody who used them)
    Knowledge academy do use contract staff, these trainers were fine. My first trainer was for B.A.P was very good and the second for M.B.P was good and I passed them with no problems. I have to point out the training was about passing the exam, and we did leave early on each day but in balance that was ok.
    My issue was on the R.E module, we had a permanent member of staff, I think it was the same one as Pam Tribe mentions above as here experience echoes mine. The guy rushed through the material, didn't want to answer questions, ( his response was to read the book). As a group we agreed to sit the exam at 3pm ( day should end at 5pm) and the trainer tried to bring it forward to 2pm. Needless to say I failed, I didn't complain about this, I just made sure he didn't teach my next module, M.B.P.
    I re sat the R.E with another training provider,( I got a very good deal at half price) it was a totally different experience. I learnt about the subject and passed with 76% with no homework and no stress so I can appraise and compare, this training provider was only slightly more expensive for the same package, however he was based in London so it was not convenient.
    My real complaint was when I wanted to swap the last module with another one, as they are all the same price. They were happy to let me swap modules but for the one I wanted it was another £500.
    I emailed to explain why but no response, I again emailed with my other grievances , hoping they would relent and we could all move on. I have emailed again and it has now been over 2 months and I am still waiting to take my final module with absolutely no contact.
    I would appreciate any advice
    Thanks
  • I just checked my grammar, well I should have checked it but I think I coming down with something, so please excuse it
  • I have had a pretty awful experience with Knowledge Academy and strongly recommed that you do not use them.

I signed up for a 3 BA / BCS Modules with KA. The first, was delivered in 1.5 days rather than the 2 advertised. The lecturer had a very poor grasp of the subject and could not or would not answer detailed questions. I scrapped a pass and got no where close to my expected result. I requested feedback from BCS who passed me to KA who in turn ignored me.

My second module (in London) was first cancelled at 12 hours notice after I had already paid for hotel and travel. The course was rearranged for two weeks later - and was cancelled - again after accomodation and fares were paid for. KA do not return calls or emails, are permanently away from their desks and a total nightmare to deal with.

I am considering legal action. Let this be one of the many warnings.
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I see the P2 m@fia have made their appearance yet again on a Prince thread. ;)

Op you would be better doing an Agile course as the PRINCE2 methodology is fundamentally flawed and only tends to be used as a methodology by public sector organisations.

Unless of course you need P2 on your cv, In that case try posting on the P2 groups on linkedin, your post will be dived upon by a number of the P2 m@fia who will offer you a great deal, take one of them.
  • PS - and I forgot to add that the much cancelled weekend BA Practice module EXCLUDES the exam !. How much use is that ?. Instead KA suggested I attend the weekend course and then sit in on the exam on a weekday course. Well OK but it turned out that the first 4 weekday courses I picked were all cancelled. Hopefully KA will refund my money and this nightmare comes to an end
  • The one bit of advice I would give is NOT to book on-line with them. They take your money even if the course is full or not running. The "Spaces Available" number on the website is rubbish and once they have your money you'll have a hell of a job getting it back. I have asked for a refund and I keep getting calls offering me alternative dates and venues when I simply just want the money back.
  • Trouble is that they take your money whether you book online or call. You may be lucky and speak to someone that warns you of the liklehood that the course will be cancelled. But this is not guaranteed. In the small print of their T&C's is the caveat that they reserve the right to cancel at short notice.

For delivery of popular couses like Prince 2, I think that KA are fine. But for any less popular course (ISEB Business Analysis modules for example) you are a lot safer looking elsewhere.
  • Edilloc
    Edilloc Posts: 1 Newbie
    I would not recommend this company. I registered for the £700 Prince2 course but, unfortunately, I was up all night the day before it started with a migraine which rendered me useless for the intense course.
    I contacted them to explain and to ask if I could reschedule on the next course and the answer was simply no. No offer of advice, not even a partial refund.
    My employer got involved (a very large company) and asked them to reconsider, still no. My employer has now stopped recommending them.
    I appreciate their terms and conditions state that no refund will be given if cancelled within 20 days but illness cannot be predicted. Also, I didn't want to cancel, I wanted to reschedule.
  • SJNZ
    SJNZ Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 19 October 2014 at 10:33PM
    I posted the following review on Trustpilot which can be accessed via the The Knowledge Academy web site.

My story. Book the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner course, including exams to be taken at a physical location in NZ. I am busy but fitted with my schedule. Course cancelled two days before start, put on online course mid September 2014. Moved my diary around to accommodate. Training was OK not great. Course material turned up half way through day one (not complete and sent from a serviced apartment in Sydney)??

UPDATED after contact from The Knowledge Academy

Now the fun really begins...how do I take the exams, after all, this was the main reason for taking the course (which is really only equipping you to pass the exam by the way). Contacted the Knowledge Academy as soon as the online course finished as I wanted to take them quickly. They eventually got back offering exams mid November (if they ever happen). As with many of these courses, they are not easy and require certain techniques to pass the exams. THIS IS WHY COURSES AND EXAMS HAVE TO BE TAKEN CLOSE TOGETHER. So, I would have to give up more time to re learn the material and also take the exams. More cost and disruption for me but certainly not The Knowledge Academy.

Doing further research, I note at training locations here in NZ, many training courses (some very expensive) are starting on the same day at a certain venue in Hamilton!! Contact the venue...they are surprised and confirm they have a single conference room. So, how can The Knowledge Academy advertise for all of these courses on the same day at the same "luxury training centre" with "refreshments"?

UPDATE: Contact a venue in Auckland that has 37 courses starting today - 20.10.2014. They call me back a little concerned and confirm that The Knowledge Academy has no booking with them this week.

OK, so essentially you pay for training with exams in a "luxury training centre" with "refreshments" and a "world class trainer" and get a mediocre online experience or nothing at all. Sounds like a get rich quick scheme to me.

I therefore call the Knowledge Academy out and will be reporting them to the relevant authorities who will hopefully take the appropriate action.

So in summary, If you want to waste a lot of time and money and be confronted by mind numbing incompetence, then this is the company for you. If you do go with these people....you have been warned...

To anyone who has been misfortunate enough to pay these people any money and are experiencing similar issues, I would recommend the following:

1. Demand a refund immediately.
    2. Contact the relevant accreditation body for your course (mine is APMG). There exam bodies are based on trust and respect and this underhand business practice does not sit well with them.
    3. Report The Knowledge Academy to Advertising Standard, Trading Standards, in your respective countries.
    4. Make sure you make your complaints public (but don't bother using Trustpilot).

Finally, people who are unemployed or starting out on limited resources are paying a lot of money for these courses and face these issues. This is why The Knowledge Academy needs to be stopped.

Good luck ....and you have been warned!!
  • SJNZ
    SJNZ Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 18 October 2014 at 12:16AM
    Chris_TKA wrote: »
    Some of the comments above amuse me. I myself am from The Knowledge Academy. Most comments are irrelevant and are from newbie competitors (QA & ProjStudy). Seeing as there is no proof of any of these people actually taking any of our courses, I think it would be better for people looking for reviews on The Knowledge Academy to have a look at TrustPilot. These reviews are from verified buyers which have actually taken courses.

Well I'm a verified purchaser who gave The Knowledge Academy a very negative review on Trustpilot under the title "You have been warned..." provided all the relevant information to prove I was a verified purchaser but it does not show up on Trustpilot - want proof? Well The Knowledge Academy replied to my post with glib excuses and promises to sort things out. Why do only positive reviews for The Knowledge Academy only come up with a verified purchaser tag when negative ones do not? This has been reported to Trustpilot. Shady business practice?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback