Which is the best Kitchen for Quaility

Comments

• i have noticed loads of people popping up saying wren kitchens....considering what they offer i think theres a few too many people recommending them if you get my drift.........have to say diy kitchens do offer phenomenal value....they have a bigger range of doors from the people that supply howdens at real trade prices..not sure about their carcases never having seen them but it doesnt take much for a builder used to Howdens to be impressed by someone elses. never bought from diy kitchens so i cant comment there but on price they have it nailed, if u have shares in kitchen italia bin them as they do exactly same as diy kitchens but at a big premium. PWS doors are quite good but hardly cutting edge........still id have those over ikea b and q homebase everyday of the week!
  • i have noticed loads of people popping up saying wren kitchens....considering what they offer i think theres a few too many people recommending them if you get my drift.........have to say diy kitchens do offer phenomenal value....they have a bigger range of doors from the people that supply howdens at real trade prices..not sure about their carcases never having seen them but it doesnt take much for a builder used to Howdens to be impressed by someone elses. never bought from diy kitchens so i cant comment there but on price they have it nailed, if u have shares in kitchen italia bin them as they do exactly same as diy kitchens but at a big premium. PWS doors are quite good but hardly cutting edge........still id have those over ikea b and q homebase everyday of the week!

Wren seem to be ok all part of the ebuyer group if your unsure go and have a look at their show room in Stevenage you will be impressed I think.
  • About 3 months ago I ordered a kitchen from DIY-Kitchens for my Mother. Once I had the design I was happy with (I used B&Q's & Wrens website planner) I ordered the units and Duropal worktop from DIY-Kitchens. Really impressed with the quality of the units and service from them. Not only that, the delivery chaps were absolutely fantastic. They were ordered blind without physically seeing them. Went for Broadoak Natural by the way and took about 2 weeks from order to delivery.
  • i just ordered my kitchen from Ikea. The guy was excellent going through our plan and advised a few changes which made perfect sense.

We got 16 units, solid wood work top 28mm thick, extractor hood and hob from them all for £1600

we got our oven (Bosch) for £230 and fridge (LG American fridge) for £450 from Comet clearance which has lead to our new kitchen costing us just £2200
  • pusscat
    pusscat Posts: 386 Forumite
    I went to visit the DIY kitchens showroom and site - somewhere near Doncaster I think it was.

I was really impressed - they opened up specially for me and the guy who was there (I suspect he was the MD or something) was really helpful, not at all pushy and the quality was far better than the other units I had looked at.

I was recommended to them by my carpenter - he has fitted several and is really impressed. I have not done anything as yet as I am still planning, but I am pretty sure it will be from DIY kitchens.

Hope this helps a bit

Puss
  • Wickes every time........fitted hundreds of them and they are top quality for the money.

hth andy
  • stolt
    stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    wren kitchens are hopless, i posted about it on another thread. Had really bad customer service from there and would never even if they were 50% cheaper than all the rest, so would stay away. We are now going around the small independants where we live. But i have also been reccomended ikea aswell.
    Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
  • CKdesigner
    CKdesigner Posts: 1,234
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wren seem to be ok all part of the ebuyer group if your unsure go and have a look at their show room in Stevenage you will be impressed I think.

Stevenage! Where in Stevenage? ;)

CK
  • Thanks for all your advise. Its much appreciated. I am going for DIY-kitchens. Ill let you know how i get on.

Cheers
    Al
  • Hi Al,
    Did you order your kitchens with DIY? you got your delivery?
    Please let us know your feedback about their delivery time (how long it took) and the quality of the kitchen.
    Thanks,
    Varas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family