Which is the best Kitchen for Quaility

Hi, new to the site and looking for some advise on kitchen units. I have been looking at Magnet and Moben (or Kitchens Direct as they are supply only) the ranges seem very similar and the price was almost the same. Magnet slightly dearer. Magnet offer a 15 year guarentee and Moben a 5 year on the cabinets. They both offer ridgid build. I have also stumbled accross DIY Kitchens and Wren Kitchens which are internet only (ie im in Scotland and cant get to their showrooms). Both of these kitchens are half the price of Moben/Magnet. These Internet companys offer 10 year guarentees on the cabinets but i can only go from pictures and word of mouth on the quality. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through the same experience recently and what the choice was and were they satisfied?

Cheers Al :cool:

Comments

• SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ikea, when the kitchen fitter we had fitted it he said it was better than most.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • MrYorke
    MrYorke Posts: 125 Forumite
    Ikea are good but alot of work for the fitter as the space for the utilities ie. drainage/water pipes is not there like 'normal' kitchens so if you have a couple of these running along the walls they'll be spending longer cutting holes for these to run.

Sigma 3 are good. These come ready assembled so will be more expensive. Try Howdens asell. These are a good deal and good quality and come assembled but without the extra cost usually.

I would advise you plan a trip to see a few of these if possible because if you buy a kitchen that you dont like, then you have to live with it for how ever many years you'll be in that property as i'm sure going through sending it back and getting another one would be a right pain in the a**e.

Go onto the various sites, find out where the nearest ones are to eachother and plan a day of kitchens.
  • bigalc wrote: »
    Hi, new to the site and looking for some advise on kitchen units. I have been looking at Magnet and Moben (or Kitchens Direct as they are supply only) the ranges seem very similar and the price was almost the same. Magnet slightly dearer. Magnet offer a 15 year guarentee and Moben a 5 year on the cabinets. They both offer ridgid build. I have also stumbled accross DIY Kitchens and Wren Kitchens which are internet only (ie im in Scotland and cant get to their showrooms). Both of these kitchens are half the price of Moben/Magnet. These Internet companys offer 10 year guarentees on the cabinets but i can only go from pictures and word of mouth on the quality. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through the same experience recently and what the choice was and were they satisfied?

Cheers Al :cool:

My mate just had a kitchen done by Magnet - they may be a good company, but their quote came up double than a local firms quote - my advice is to shop about before you make your choice!

James :beer: The man who walks on the moon!
    Cheers Al :cool:[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks for the advise. I have been to Howdens. Impressed with the quality but the price was the same as Magnets/Moben. Interested to hear if anyone has recently purchased from Wren or DIY and what they thought?

Cheers
  • Have you tried Wren Kitchens? Looked at them at the weekend and they seemed pretty good.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    There is no way that a Howdens kitchen should cost anywhere near as much as Magnet or Moben. What range did you look at and what were you quoted?

Steer well clear of Moben for a completely overpriced kitchen. When a salesman can give you the price of the kitchen but not the price of a tap included in that kitchen, then you really know they are making the prices up.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Don't bother with Sigma 3 or County Kitchens which seems to be the other trading name. They are a nightmare to deal with, I speak from very bitter experience.
  • Honest gov, we have 23 units in the kitchen. Price from Magnet was £7900, Moben £7500 and Howdens £7500 for the high gloss black/white. All fair prices i thought. Just waiting on a price from Wren. Did the online calculator on DIY kitchens web site and got to £4000 so hence my question. There is a dranstic difference in price between the guys with the showroom, magnet/moben/howdens and the Internet dudes with pictures and videos. Is there a difference in quality that warrents almost double the price, in anyones experience?

Cheers
    Al
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    There is no way that a genuine trade quote for a Howdens kitchen should be the same as a high street offering. It should be less than the DIY kitchens one really as well. Did they give you the quote themselves?
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • my joiner has just finished fitting my DIY-kitchen.com.he was very impressed with the quality of the units.
    i sent a plan of my kitchen with the order,and a rep from the company went over all the measurements and units with me to make sure it would fit and that i had ordered all the extra bits, fillers etc.
    it arrived on time. a couple of bits were missing but these were soon sent..
    we went to visit the showroom,but they will send sample doors out to you.
    on the whole i am very pleased with the finished kitchen.would reccomend.
    :hello: :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport