Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • crumpetman
    • By crumpetman 5th May 17, 1:32 PM
    • 211Posts
    • 565Thanks
    crumpetman
    Barclaycard Cashback removing the 1% Amex card
    • 5th May 17, 1:32 PM
    Barclaycard Cashback removing the 1% Amex card 5th May 17 at 1:32 PM
    Got a letter today, Barclaycard are dropping the 1% cashback Amex card and the Visa card to be replaced with a single card offering 0.5% cashback.

1% cashback ends on July 13.

Is 0.5% still the best? Might have to switch over to Amex proper now.
Page 10
    • miller
    • By miller 12th Aug 17, 11:22 AM
    • 1,188 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    miller
    I have had my next statement and have earnt 0.5% on both the old Visa card and the new one. Worth checking yours though to make sure.
    • sofa_surfer
    • By sofa_surfer 18th Oct 17, 1:22 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 190 Thanks
    sofa_surfer
    Completely missed their notification - so was caught by surprise when the AMEX started getting declined 2 weeks ago.
    Once realised the reason, sent them two messages to log a complaint, then got a phone call today to inform me 'there is nothing we can do'.
    However persisted to talk to the complaints manager, who said as an exception he will credit my account with £100, before sendling me a letter to confirm I have accepted the complaint resolution.
    Given that my cashback is usually around teh £50 mark, this gives me 2 years to think what to do next.
    iaye carramba!
    • planteria
    • By planteria 19th Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    • 4,841 Posts
    • 1,060 Thanks
    planteria
    which is good going. on the face of it, the thing to do next, is just keep using your Barclaycard Visa. i use it as a back up to an Amex Cashback card.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,769Posts Today

6,772Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin