Clearance Bargains = Argos

If you are in or around the Walsall area, there is a big warehouse that has opened up called "Clearance Bargains" which is basically the outlet for Argos for end of last catalogue items or slow moving stock from around the country.
The prices are very heavily discounted on catalogue prices.

The stock is there on the day and when it is gone it is gone.

I can assure you I have had some good bargains including a digital video camera (Canon 750i) for £160 when it is £250 plus on the net.

Well worth a look. There is no website for it and I believe, according to staff, it is the only one in the country. :D :j
I am a debt counsellor working in the voluntary sector - we don't charge our clients for the work we do!

Comments

• Bargainbabe_2
    Bargainbabe_2 Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Whereabouts in Walsall is it? If it's the town centre, whereabouts?
    "There are no pockets in a shroud..."
  • AGB863
    AGB863 Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    It is on the car park at the Bottom of Bradford Street Bus Station.
    This car park is opposite the entrance to the multi story car park for the Saddlers Centre in the middle of town.

Before it became Clearance Bargains, the shop was Home Zone and before that it was Homebase :T
    I am a debt counsellor working in the voluntary sector - we don't charge our clients for the work we do!
  • sainthalo
    sainthalo Posts: 503 Forumite
    I doubt it is owned by Argos? More likely they currently buy a lot of distressed stock from argos...
  • AGB863
    It is owned by Argos. On the receipt it clearly states "Argos Limited trading as Clearance Bargains".

All the display prices show you the last price as per Argos Catalogue....
    The staff are quite open about it being the Argos outlet ;)

Argos have finally realised they can sell these items themselves and still make a profit, rather than sell to other outlets at even lower prices.
  • That's proably why Argos is not interested in RO items being sold through the store any more. They must be sending the items to the Clearance place.
  • Bargainbabe_2
    Bargainbabe_2 Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Yeah I know it's on the Gala/Aldi car park, at the back of the so called nightclub. I will take a nosey on down on saturday. Thanks! :)
  • dc
    dc Posts: 2,547 Forumite
    You Lucky Midlanders!

Seems logical as Argos and Homebase are owned by the same lot.

GUS who also happen to own that well known Big Brother !!1984 not CH4} credit checking agency Experian. "We Know What You Spend and Where" ;)

A lot of Argos returns are turning up on northern markets.
    Could be the end of RO Stumpy? Will be interesting to see if it spreads.

AGB do you know if they sell New Old Stock, Returns, or both?

dc
    ac's lovechild
  • AGB863
    The bulk of the stock are new items. Some of the stock, electrical, have labels on them that say refurbished, but they are in original boxes and have not been opened. All items are sold with "normal warrenties" ie 12 months and it is aslo good not to be asked at the checkout "do you want to extend the warrenty?"

By the way Bargainbabe, Aldi is no longer there, it is now "Home Bargains" of which there are 2 within 3 miles of each other and they have some very good bargains!
  • Ahh I see. Well I don't usually go down that part of Walsall just the town centre usually. Thanks for the tip.
  • I went to this Argos clearance place today (oh and it is DEFINITELY Argos stuff btw) and talk about bargains galore.. I got this brand new switch/scootboard for my son for 1p! I couldn't believe it! I bought another item for £7.50 and when the total came to £7.51 I wasn't going to argue. I paid swiftly and GTFOOT! I know it was a fatal pricing error but hey how chuffed am I!? (and my son!) This is the best Bargain EVER!

Switch_Board-res.jpg
    Seriously, if anyone is in the Walsall area at anytime I recommend you pop in here and take a butcher's. Lots of bargains to be had!

Thanks again OP for letting me know of it's exsistence :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport