Calling 0333 numbers?

Just wondering, I know there is a saynoto0870 address, but my 0333 number doesnt come up. Probably, because the company only deals with trade and I need to talk to them about my application. For international users(eg: my buyer from Ireland) I use a calling card to cut down on costs, but was just wondering if there was such a thing for premium rate numbers not found on saynoto0870

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Pretty sure 03 numbers are billed in the same way as 01 and 02 numbers by all the networks, so it's unlikely saynoto0870 would have an alternative.
    ====
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    03 numbers should cost your no more to call than 01/02 numbers, even from a mobile phone.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    I can confirm 03 codes cost the same as 01 and 02, so no requirement to find an alternative code to connect more cheaply. HOWEVER there mainains a few issues, but not cost-related.

A good many telco's outside the UK have still to accuratly allow their customers to call 03 numbers successfully - as an example, when the Passport Office moved it's number to 03, it took Skype almost 6 months to enable this number for their Skype Out customers, because the OSeas telco delivering the call had not enabled the number as 'valid' for the UK. This happens a lot and with many different carriers.

It isn;t that they need to enable '03', (in reality 443xxxx) but quite a gew more digits, and perhaps as many as 5 AFTER the '3' - allowing some numbers to work but not others.

Something to watch out for!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport