Have i still got my 0% intrest rate?

2»

Comments

• Looking through all my statments looking for dates and noticed this (statment after direct debit returned)

"We are not entitled to charge you interest on the default sums for the first 28 days after we have given you this notice. However if the sums are not paid in full by that date interest will be charged at the rate of 0.000% per month. Since this interest rate is avariable rate, the rate which we will apply to the default sum once the 28 days have passed may be different."

This makes it sould like i have lost my 0% rate 😣 i realy cant afford to be paying another card with 100+ intrest a month.

Statment comes on the 12th looks like another sleepless night.
  • stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 December 2017 at 12:28AM
    Looking through all my statments looking for dates and noticed this (statment after direct debit returned)

"We are not entitled to charge you interest on the default sums for the first 28 days after we have given you this notice. However if the sums are not paid in full by that date interest will be charged at the rate of 0.000% per month. Since this interest rate is avariable rate, the rate which we will apply to the default sum once the 28 days have passed may be different."

This makes it sould like i have lost my 0% rate �� i realy cant afford to be paying another card with 100+ intrest a month.

Statment comes on the 12th looks like another sleepless night.

That statement states they cannot charge interest on default sums (e.g. missed payment fees) for the first 28 days.

Why did you not simply pick the phone up like I suggested rather than work yourself up by ignoring the situation and giving yourself "sleepless nights"?

As you state you cannot afford to be paying interest on a balance you owe, perhaps you should post a full statement of accounts, showing your incomes and outgoings, as well as who you owe money too so help can be provided.
  • GambledLife
    GambledLife Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 December 2017 at 8:27AM
    That statement states they cannot charge interest on default sums (e.g. missed payment fees) for the first 28 days.

Why did you not simply pick the phone up like I suggested rather than work yourself up by ignoring the situation and giving yourself "sleepless nights"?

As you state you cannot afford to be paying interest on a balance you owe, perhaps you should post a full statement of accounts, showing your incomes and outgoings, as well as who you owe money too so help can be provided.
    Last edited by stevenhp1987; Yesterday at 11:28 PM

I went into halifax on saturday and the lady i spoke to said as far as she can tell my offer is still in place but ill need to wait untill the next statment to be sure.

Now the message on my last statment has me thinking, if a payment was late wouldnt the whole ballance be classed as default?

My stament should be avalible online by 12 so i guess ill find out.
  • Well my statment should have been yesterday (12th December) but looking online today i see this message "No account activity. No statement available." For the December section in the .pdf list, does it take a couple of days before you see them online?
  • Well my statment should have been yesterday (12th December) but looking online today i see this message "No account activity. No statement available." For the December section in the .pdf list, does it take a couple of days before you see them online?

Yes, it does.
  • GambledLife
    GambledLife Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 14 December 2017 at 9:06AM
    Well i got my statment and tbh im more confused then ever.

As you know i made a late payment on 8th of november (150) due to the direct debit on the 6th not going through.

My statment then arived on the 12th, this was novembers statment.

NOVEMBER 12TH
    Bussiness type:
    1) Balance Transfer or Money Transfer(Promotional)
    2) Default charges

Monthly simple rate %:
    1) 0.00
    2) 0.00

Annual effective rate %:
    1) 0.00
    2) -

Outstanding balance:
    1) 5328.86
    2) 12.00

Interest charged:
    1) 0.00
    2) N/A

Expiry date:
    1) 15/10/20
    2) N/A

The message "We are not entitled to charge you interest on the default sums for the first 28 days after we have given you this notice. However ifthe sums are not paid in full by that date interest will be charged at the rate of 0.000% per month. Since this interest rate is avariable rate, the rate which we will apply to the default sum once the 28 days have passed may be different." Was also present on that statment.

In november i paid: 65.41 as this was the min payment, it looks to be 1% of balance plus default payment.

My latest December statment

DECEMBER 12TH
    Bussiness type:
    1) Balance Transfer or Money Transfer(Promotional)
    2) Default charges

Monthly simple rate %:
    1) 0.00
    2) 0.00

Annual effective rate %:
    1) 0.00
    2) -

Outstanding balance:
    1) 5263.45
    2) 12.00

Interest charged:
    1) 0.00
    2) N/A

Expiry date:
    1) 15/10/20
    2) N/A

So looks like novembers payment was taken off the balance not the default payment, its also been more then 28days since november 12th and according to this it looks as if my 0% rate is still intact?

It should have told me on this statment if it wasnt shouldnt it?
  • I phoned halifax today and the lady confirmed that even tho there is a default sum on the account my 0% rate is still intact. She said that if had been removed it would have happend allready.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who helped me through the worrying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure