Someone using our address

This is probably not the right board, please move if there's a more appropriate one!

We've lived in our current house for more than 4 years. From time to time in the last few years we've received letters from debt collection agencies for one of the family members who lived here before us. I've always rung the agency and explained the situation, and all is well.

But today we got a letter from a new agency, for a new debt. This guy is obviously still using our address. I know that debts are no longer linked to addresses - but still, I'm a bit miffed.

Should I be worried? And is there anything I can do about it? I don't have his address.
No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...

Comments

• Alter_ego
    Alter_ego Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Return the letter with note that the person does not live here.
    I am not a cat (But my friend is)
  • I rang them, and explained.

I'm wondering if I should be concerned that someone is using our address (unlike the other debts, where they'd obviously been set up before he moved out - this time he seems to be deliberately using an address he hasn't lived at for years) - or more to the point, is there anything I can do to stop it happening again?
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure