Jobs with double time for over time

Hi all,
Sorry if this had been posted already but could not find anything. I have been working in the care industry for a long time now, and in the time I have picked up lots of overtime every week. I am starting to get fed up however of only ever earning the minimum wage when I do work overtime. I am wonder what companies pay double time when doing overtime. I am in a lot of best and if paid double time when doing overtime I can increase my wages a lot and in turn lower my debt quicker. Any suggestions on entry level jobs that pay this rate would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Danny b

Comments

• Quite rare nowadays I think. Even ones I know only pay double time in a limited amount of circumstances and certainly not for all overtime.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Almost no care agencies will pay extra for overtime, as it's so common in the job.
  • I was lucky enough to be on an old MnS contract as a student, double time for a Sunday and triple on bank holidays. (as was my first Christmas job at MFI, no wonder they went bust!)

Didnt last for much longer, and a few years in I earned more on a Sunday per hour than the managers due to being on the old contracts!

Its super rare, most offer TOIL or time and a half if youre lucky...
  • As you're a newbie & in debt, it might be worth you heading over to the debt free wannabe board to get help & advice on clearing the debts.

As others have said double time for overtime is a rarity these days.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    http://www.newcarehomes.com/our-homes/

These homes do, but they're the exception to the rule. They're super nice places too.
  • Have a look for support work jobs that often have sleep ins. I do them and get sleep in allowance that will soon be nmw for sleeping in. Plus getting the back pay eventually but places like mencap are already paying nmw for sleeping in, so around £60 ish on top
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Only time I get double pay is Christmas Day, time and a half for Boxing Day and New Year's Day and that's pretty much it as far as enhancements go
  • Thanks for the reply’s, I does seem over the last ten years as austerity has kicked in, companies have taken the same route as the government when it comes to employees. I’m not fussed about staying in the care sector but as mentioned above sleep in rates are changing and could help bolster my wages, so maybe staying in the industry might be the right move. I will head over to the debt free wanna be pages and see what advice I can pick up.
    Thanks again for the reply’s. ��
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Danny if you've been doing sleep ins you'll get the back pay within the next 18 months too. Google sleep in back pay, it's coming up loads
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business