3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Ok, #2 checking

Firstly, apologies for not posting for a while. I've been really busy at work and have only had chance to have a quick look at the posts and then off again. I've also been feeling a little under the weather and tired this week which is prob a combination of work and a nasty fall last weekend, down concrete steps to finally land on my face. :( Although it was a rugby weekend, I was in fact, totally sober as I don't drink.....maybe I should start if I'm not safe on my feet anyway. :p

Helen, you are, as always doing a fab job of encouraging and motivating people. You deserve to feel proud of yourself. :A

Everyone else should be proud too, any adding to the fund is a positive and much better than taking it out. :T

My pay was sorted out this month so a better chunk added in comparison to last month so topped up by £577.86. New total now at £5348.32 which now puts me on 61.47% :j

Off to update my signature

Happy Friday everyone :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Wow 61% that is amazing Dobbibil :T as for me my total is creeping up and is now £2167 :)

And Helen along with everyone else here I would just like to add my heartfelt thanks for your endless support and enthusiasm, you are fab :T xx
  • Morning Campers :D

I'm doing okay this morning.....A bit tired but okay....Yesterday was busy busy busy....but Friday's are looking like that for the foreseeable future....

Thank You Everyone for your lovely words....I'm so glad that you all feel supported and wanted in this Thread - You are ALL so very wanted here....and I hope that we can all support each other for years to come xXx :)

-Selene - I tend to skim my Bank Account once a Week....It builds up slowly....but it will be nice to have the extra money at the end of the Year.... xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page.....You're over the £1000-mark now!! Keep going hun xXx :)

Thistlewhistle - Thank you for your lovely words hun....that's so lovely of you xXx :)

lexbubbles - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AWESOME!! Keep going xXx :)

Dobbilbill - I've Updated the First Page.....WOW, look at how well you're doing!! And Thank You for your lovely words.... xXx :)

[Deleted User] - I've Updated the First Page.....WOW, you're doing AMAZING!! Keep going....And Thank You for what you said too hun xXx :)
  • Hi,

Getting there slowly. I have managed to add £250 to my EF and now it stands at £276/£5000.

BB
    Original debt at LBM July 2008, £47, 654.34. Debt at January 2016, £21,443. Barclaycard [STRIKE]£9,000[/STRIKE]£8,756, Tesco cc [STRIKE]£3000[/STRIKE]£1,136. Debenhams storecard [STRIKE]£350[/STRIKE]£263, OD [STRIKE]£3,500[/STRIKE] £3,000, Corp Tax £3,036, Study loan £1,750, Smaller debts £2,000.

Since my LBM I have not been fully committed so now I have had a 2nd LBM.
    Aiming to be debt free by December 2016:D
  • Morning Everyone :)

Well I'm feeling a bit rotten this morning.....dizzy and a bit sick.....but I'm hoping once my Breakfast settles on my stomach that it will help and I'll start to feel better.....I'll still be going to Placement, I don't want to let my Clients down.....and I'm sure I'll be fine....

I'm going to be able to put another Fiver in my Emergency Fund Terramundi come Thursday....so I'm looking forward to that....It's building up slowly slowly.....but at least I know I can put that money in there without having to take it back out....

Happy Monday Everybody....I hope you ALL have a GREAT one... xXx :)

BabyBetty - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AWESOME....Keep it going hun :)
  • -Selene wrote: »
    Does anyone else have multiple savings pots with other pots prioritised over your EF and how do you do it? :o

All my cash money goes into my Sealed Pot Challenge. In my Virtual Sealed Pot i am doing my own version of the deck of cards challenge so that i know i'll have at least £1,378 by the end of the year i'll also all the odd few pounds where i've skimmed an account. Then in my Emergency fund i add the bigger amounts, for example, if at the end of the month i had £258.93 left in my bank, £250 would go to the EF and £8.93 would go into the VSP. Only my change under 50p, all £2 coins and any shiny £1 coins go into my SP, along with any money OH gives me or refunds or things i decide not to buy.

I also have another pot where i put all my roadkill.

Confusing eh!! HAHA!

No money for the EF yet, I had to save £1000 to pay off my CC (which i just about managed) and this month i have to save £600 to finish paying it off completely. I think i might just about be able to do it. Then in April i need to find the money for my car insurance...... May is the OH's birthday so we usually go away.... June..... I might actually be able to add to it in June :(

My EF is currently a cross between an EF and saving the £3000 to give back to my OH.

I've had a pretty crappy weekend to be honest and it's taken all my willpower not to go out spending. Weekends always make me miserable!
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #071 VSP #4
    £723.44(SPC5) - £753.77(SPC6) - £857.19(SPC7) - £1,632.19(SPC8) - £2,707.15(SPC9) - £2,950.30(SPC10) - £0(SPC11)...so far

I love LC2 and Jakes-Mum :rotfl:
    Star's from Sue :staradmin x28
    CC Debt
    - £2,927.14 Savings - EF - £4,797.21/£5,000 - H2B - £4,691.03/£12,000
  • Hello everyone

You've been quiet for a few days, I hope it's just because everyone is busy making pennies to add to their EF.

Helen I hope your dizziness went away and wasn't anything too worrying. You really are doing a great job on this thread and with your own fund. Hope you get the extra fiver into it today.

Got paid today so added a little to mine, would have liked more but I think this month is a bit tight anyway so will see how it goes.

Good luck for March everyone.
    Now at 9% please Helen so 360/4000
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • Finally had my switching bonus from Clydesdale come through, so put £25 of it into the EF.

That + £7.74 in fleabay profits + £45 regular saving + £8 from 50p challenge (last two to be transferred tomorrow morning) =

£1,699.62 / 4,600

36.9% :T
    Aqua 0/1850 Cap.One 0/450 Vanquis 0/500 HSBC 0/100
    :j ~Debt Free Date 07/12/2015~ :j

SPC member #530 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin 3-month EF: £2158.63/4600
    Make £10/day Nov-Dec £814.04 Jan-Apr £1689.78 May £233.57/310
  • Morning Everyone..... :)

Sorry I've been quiet for a couple of days....Been a bit hectic around here....Also been feeling a bit de-motivated but feeling a LOT better today motivation-wise.... :D

I managed to put a Fiver into the Pot yesterday....so I'm feeling pleased with that.....every little bit helps ;)

Let's all chase those Rainbows today!! xXx :)

crimson.addict - I'm so sorry to hear that you had a crappy weekend....I hope your Week has gotten better....And Well Done on all of your Savinigs...you're doing AWESOME!! xXx :)

stoplurking - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME....Keep it going!! And Thank You for your lovely words....I'm doing okay now xXx :)

lexbubbles - I've Updated the First Page.....You're doing really well, keep it going..... xXx :)
  • stewby
    stewby Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning.

Sorry, I have kinda read and run for the past wee while. Things are beginning to improve so have decided to start looking at stuff again.

OH and I are in the process of sorting out our finances. Sounds a bit daft but by rejigging our money, I will be able to increase the amount of money going to the emergency fund.

Once we have sorted everything out, I should be able to put £100 a month to a joint emergency fund whilst also increasing my own emergency fund by £200 a month.
    :j

Hope everyone is doing well.
    Hugs to everyone.
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income