Tesco Loan

Tesco Loans say they don't accept overpayments...however, I do have a sort code and account number for my loan. If I send money by BACS, will it still get there?...Or is there not much point?

I just dont want to keep the money anywhere I can get at it you see.

Comments

• it will get there but dont do it

if they have said they wont accept it they will most likely just send it back to you - (and possibly charge you for trying to overpay).
  • daveboy
    daveboy Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Egg do accept overpayments as far as I am aware, and you can always check the status of your loan online. There may be others but like the above poster has said doing it with Tesco might cost you money rather than reduce your loan amount.

If you are a student, and I have seen your Barclaycard post in the credit card section, don't go too over the top in your borrowing.

Have a good look at this site as there have been others who have ended up unable to pay huge amounts - from being a student through to other things such as relationship breakdowns.

I've been in a sticky situation myself before and know what it feels like and I hope you don't get into something similar.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure