Help please re SIM only deals

Options

Comments

• littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I transfered to EE from T mobile, I got a sim only unlimited text and calls with 2 GB, £10.

That would do me fine if they would agree to that, 2GB is all I need too. :)
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Plusnet (which runs on EE) are currently offering 5g, 500 minutes and unlimied texts for £10, if that's any good to you?

https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only/
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stop posting on here and try ringing them up ? ;)

Dial 150 from your mobile.

Remember I wish to leave and have my PAC code please as I can get a deal with xx for £.

pause......
  • littlewren
    Options
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    Plusnet (which runs on EE) are currently offering 5g, 500 minutes and unlimied texts for £10, if that's any good to you?

https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only/

Thank you, my friend was with PlusNet and wasn't very happy with them, so I'd be a bit wary.
  • littlewren
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    Stop posting on here and try ringing them up ? ;)

Dial 150 from your mobile.

Remember I wish to leave and have my PAC code please as I can get a deal with xx for £.

pause......

I have another problem now, which means I can't ring them yet, grrr. I have Meniere's Disease and bad tinnitus at the moment so I'm staying off the phone for a few days, which is a nuisance as I want to get this sorted out.

I will say what you suggest tho, many thanks :)
  • Jon_01
    edited 21 April 2017 at 11:11AM
    Options
    littlewren wrote: »
    Thank you, my friend was with PlusNet and wasn't very happy with them, so I'd be a bit wary.

I'd heard they were a 'bit iffy' when they started up, but by all accounts they're much better now?

Anyway, that deal has ended now, but a new one started today with the same data (5g) and unlimited text but now with 1500 minutes!!!

I've been with EE forever, I used to work for them, but they offer nothing to stay and the Plusnet deal is better than anything they've offered me by miles. So I might just jump ship...

And it's a 30 day rolling contact, so even if they're terrible I can be gone inside a month. . .
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    Plusnet are hopeless when it comes to EU roaming, should change in June though. Their max data allowance is quite low too.

Their only good feature is the spending cap.
  • Jon_01
    Options
    Plusnet are hopeless when it comes to EU roaming, should change in June though. Their max data allowance is quite low too.

Their only good feature is the spending cap.

From my point of view EU roaming isn't an issue. I don't travel in the EU, only to the USA where I have a 3 payg that works every time :)

My only concern about leaving EE would be Plusnet's CS? As they run on EE the coverage is going be the same, but am I right in thinking that they have improved now they've been running a while??
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    I've been with EE forever, I used to work for them, but they offer nothing to stay and the Plusnet deal is better than anything they've offered me by miles. So I might just jump ship...

And it's a 30 day rolling contact, so even if they're terrible I can be gone inside a month. . .

I would disagree.

1. It has been said on here EE will cut your prices if you say you will leave.

2. Most of the problems with plusnet mobile in the early days was port ing or loosing the number. So saying you can leave within 30 days doesn't help with that.
  • Jon_01
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    I would disagree.

1. It has been said on here EE will cut your prices if you say you will leave.

2. Most of the problems with plusnet mobile in the early days was port ing or loosing the number. So saying you can leave within 30 days doesn't help with that.

Hey Andy,

I'd have agreed with you until last week.

I called and asked if they could match the Plusnet offer. They quoted £22 a month for less data!! Then came down to £15 for 3g and 500 minutes. So I asked for my pac and wanted for retentions to call. When they did, they offered the same deal! I said that no use and then it was, 'well you have have more data and minutes AND an iPhone 6s for £34 a month.' (which is 3 times what I pay now)
    I said I only wanted a sim only plan and she said I could give the iPhone to my wife??? Told her my wife had just bought an iPhone (which she really had).
    'Oh she could sell that one and have this one! At which point I give up. They appear to have lost the plot.

I can't ague point 2, losing the number would be a major pain. But it is an EE number, so I could get it back if I went back to EE (but it would mean trying to talk to someone that know what they were doing, which these days would be down to pure luck :) ).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure