It's possible!

I don't join in with the discussions very often, but if I see something I can help on, I do. However, today I'm just bursting just a little bit and had to share it somewhere, so you're it!

Today I wiped out 4 debts! One finished; one was so small I was able to clear it; one offered me a !!!!!!, which I accepted; and one had a (very) small credit on it, which they're sending me back!

You'll see from my sig that my debt has been with me for a long time. BUT it has always gone DOWN instead of UP. And now it's within spitting distance!

So, don't give up hope ... I even have a debt-free-wannabe number somewhere, but I can't remember what it is.

:beer: :j :beer:
spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    Well done and keep up the good work.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I don't join in with the discussions very often, but if I see something I can help on, I do. However, today I'm just bursting just a little bit and had to share it somewhere, so you're it!

Today I wiped out 4 debts! One finished; one was so small I was able to clear it; one offered me a !!!!!!, which I accepted; and one had a (very) small credit on it, which they're sending me back!

You'll see from my sig that my debt has been with me for a long time. BUT it has always gone DOWN instead of UP. And now it's within spitting distance!

So, don't give up hope ... I even have a debt-free-wannabe number somewhere, but I can't remember what it is.

:beer: :j :beer:

Congrats :T That's fab news. Must feel like a total weight has been lifted. Oh I can't wait for the day that I feel like that... give me hope. Thanks for sharing and enjoy being debt free!!! :A
  • enjoyyourshoes
    enjoyyourshoes Posts: 1,093
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    well done, carry on carrying on.
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Twins wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing and enjoy being debt free!!! :A

Thank you! But it's still a way off yet. I was just so chuffed to have wiped out 4 debts in one day. Five more to go ...
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Thank you!

One piece of advice..........get a new username !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well done. It must feel good. The figures in the sig are fab.:T
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    sourcrates wrote: »
    One piece of advice..........get a new username !!

Heh heh heh - I've had it a long time ... ;)
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,191
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Well done - it's lovely to see people posting their successes here - quite aside from anything else it gives hopes to the newbies who arrive thinking "I can't do this!" :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Twins wrote: »
    Congrats :T That's fab news. Must feel like a total weight has been lifted. Oh I can't wait for the day that I feel like that... give me hope. Thanks for sharing and enjoy being debt free!!! :A

Oops sorry! Got ahead of myself there.. well that's a good sign then isn't it? Looking forward to striking a few more debts off the list like this. Anyway, good job and keep going:T
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done - great feeling to see the number of creditors reduce :)
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure