I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.

• Thanks gtumpelstilskin :)
  • Had a nosey in the evening . James has done a lot.
    Saw landlady . Forgot to ask her if I should sign anything
    She left her bank details . I'll send her an email

Feeling a little rough today..same old
    May have anther day doing nothing
    Dentist tomorrow . I think James won't be around tomorrow.
    Could've painted tomorrow . Will have to be weeend or next week
    We'll see
  • Just popped over to have another look.
    James phone is out of action for a day or so. He gave me his other halfs no. All the tiles are ripped off walls , bath gone.
    New suite being delivered tomorrow for Friday . I think he has tomorrow off iirc . He sent me pics of laminate flooring I may like , and that should be here and fitted next week .

I love the look of my halllway . The carpet in the hallway is tired.
    That's not me just saying that .

James wants another £700 . No,problem

So far so good :)
  • lady1964
    lady1964 Posts: 955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi AC, I've followed you over to here & enjoying keeping up with your adventures!

Re laminate floor for your new bathroom, frankly I wouldn't unless it's properly suitable for a bathroom, without being too descriptive and IME, men can, on occasion, make the floor a bit wet without intending to, especially after a few ciders ;). We have tiled floors in our 2 upstairs bathrooms, slightly chilly underfoot but a bath mat helps. We had vinyl laid in our downstairs loo/shower, it can easily be replaced as & when necessary.

A bit off topic but me & DH visited your part of the world at the weekend, we had a walk around Poole harbour, popped over to West Bay & then Weymouth. I envy the gorgeous area you have chosen to live in, it must be fantastic after living in Twickenham - I grew up in Hounslow & often ventured to Twickenham on nights out in my late teens/early twenties, my wedding reception was at a pub in St. Margaret's:-)
  • Hi lady :)
    Thanks for that . Poole harbour is great . St. Margaret's is cool.
    Having said that, I haven't thought about what I've left behind tbh
    it's about 5 months now .

I looked at the description of the laminate . It is ideal for bathrooms and guaranteed for 10 years . I'm enjoying the break .
    The apprehensive stuff: not knowing anybody / eventually looking for work.
    This time last year , seems so far away at times . I was totally , fed up run down broke and shattered .
    Glad you had a great weekend :)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi lady :)
    Thanks for that . Poole harbour is great . St. Margaret's is cool.
    Having said that, I haven't thought about what I've left behind tbh
    it's about 5 months now .

I looked at the description of the laminate . It is ideal for bathrooms and guaranteed for 10 years . I'm enjoying the break .
    The apprehensive stuff: not knowing anybody / eventually looking for work.
    This time last year , seems so far away at times . I was totally , fed up run down broke and shattered .
    Glad you had a great weekend :)

Yes you've come a long way in a short time.

Exciting though. A whole new way of life beckons. Enjoy.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Glad the decorating going well AC. We had a plasterer plaster over 10 artex ceilings just before Easter so we have done nothing but paint white ceilings for last four days. Totally fed up of painting now as I expect you are.

You seem to be enjoying Poole - I personally love living in the South West but as we are also emmetts from London I can say it takes time to build up a new support system. Gradually we lost contact with a lot of our London friends, bar a few exceptions and my best friends now are from Cornwall or Devon. Getting a little part time job when you feel up to it will help you meet new people.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Worrierwalker
    Worrierwalker Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2017 at 9:03AM
    You're sounding a bit apprehensive about work AC, maybe you could think about trying something completely different to your old career. Maybe even something in the tourist trade considering where you now live.

eta

Did you see the new Sarah Benny programme about living mortgage free- I thought you'd make a great candidate for that.
  • Thanks folks !:)
    Im obviously appreuhensive, but am trying to put that at the back,of my mind for now. I think the work will come when im ready . I'll get the immediate thinks out of the way first.
    Funny you mention artex, enthusiastic. My new place hasnt got any .
    Fist time i've never been in a place with it . Once youve done it, though you'll feel great:)

Another rough morning. The grass was trimmd this morning , the area seems to get serviced regularly i must say.

I have to go to poole to pay james again this morning . I then have my dental appt. No tooth extraction today though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure