Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    And I am very pleased to announce a loss of 0.8lbs, but, after more than 2 weeks of holiday, I am thrilled.

Why am I losing weight? 1 – I’m overweight obese 2 – I get out of breath walking up hills, climbing stairs 3 – my knees and back get sore 4 – I look terrible in photos and I avoid being them, then when I look back at special events, I’m missing.

Well done on your loss, greentiger - I'm glad you had a lovely holiday! Re: your answer no. 4 above, I've just realised that you've summed up my life in one sentence - I have one photo of me on my 18th birthday, and my wedding photos from when I was 23 (which we don't really look at since Mr P and I split in 2010) - but apart from that I have no photo record of my adult life...and I'm 44 next month...!! :(

P x
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Abbafan - sorry to hear about your gain. Keep going - you'll get there. You are an inspiration... I have about the same amount to lose as you have lost in order to reach a healthy BMI, and I can't honestly imagine getting there at this stage - it seems such a gigantic mountain to climb! Seeing that you have been there and done it encourages me that its do-able!! :D

Happy Easter Poppy-dog - I love the way you smile for the camera! ;)

Well done Saver-upper and PerthLady91 - fab losses!! :T

Well done to all who have stuck to plan over the Easter weekend. Sadly, I can't say that I was one of them. :o Easter day didn't go according to plan (long story, but I ended up in A&E for hours with a friend - who thankfully, is OK - but it completely threw my plans off course, and I went AWOL big style, and didn't climb back on track today either...!).

Well, tomorrow is a new day, so we are back to "Draw a line, Piglet" and starting again tomorrow... :rotfl: Plans are:

B: Cheese omelette (HExA) with mushrooms & tomatoes
    L: Leek & potato soup
    D: Pasta n sauce with roasted vegetables (courgette, red onion, mushroom & tomato)
    HExB: Salted caramel hi-fi bar

P x
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all.. hope everyone's had a lovely Easter! :icotbaske
    PS:before posting,I spent about 30 minutes reading back,trying to see where the current challenge finishes,but not sure (could be next week).I would love to join the challenge,thank you shala-moo.

So sorry i missed the first time i read through - you're more than welcome to join the challenge, there are only 2 weeks left (new one should start 1st May) so up to you if you want to give me a target for two weeks or wait for the new one to start. i can add your 4lb loss on for last week :D

Hello, to all the other new people :wave: as above please feel free to join in the challenge with us - new one starts on May 1st but you can join in the last two weeks now if you want.
    greentiger wrote: »
    Shala, let me know what you think of those Gousto meal boxes. I was thinking of taking up the offer too, for a change.

Welcome back, glad you managed to miss the Delhi belly :eek: well done on the loss!

I liked the meals apart for the fact the mince was full fat so it was a bit greasy. We'd really got in a rut with our food so it's kickstarted us again and we're enjoying finding new recipes and coking again now. They seem to regularly have 50% off for the first order so it's about £22 for 8 meals - but if you can't find an offer then i have a code for £25 off. :D

Right off to sort out the chart, there's some brilliant losses this week, you're all stars :T:T:T
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• orlao
    orlao Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Belated Happy Easter everyone,

Some fab-u-lous losses here, sad to say that my +3lbs is not one of them :eek:

Well deserved gain though - lots of picking, snacking and very little speed. What is it about bread? That and sugar are like crack to me, once I start on them I can't stop. It really doesn't take long to pack on the poundage does it???

Interesting hearing all the reasons to start SW. For me it was the realisation in August 2015 that it was only 6 months to a big family occasion where I would be judged hard by rarely - I wonder why?!- seen relatives because of my size. In fairness, at 17.5 stone I was grossly obese and while I had never been a skinny minnie, the weight had crept on over the years. It was also causing joint problems and the lack of fitness was bad but in honesty the real motivation was a chance to stick 2 fingers up to unpleasant people :o What kept me going along with that was how much better I felt and looked as the weight came off, really boosted my confidence in everything where before, I was just the fat bird...

Funny thing is that those same people and those like them are the ones who tell me that I look gaunt now and have lost too much - believe me I haven't, still just under 25 BMI:rotfl:
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Options
    SOTW* is.... :T:j:TBEANIE:T:j:T with a loss of 4.5lbs!!

Congratulations!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

*SOTW is the person who has lost the most weight this week, but also had a loss or sts last week.

spring1_zpslhad2wqk.png
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Beanie on SOTW :T. I bet you're :j!

The plodding has certainly paid off for you.

Denise
  • jade86123
    jade86123 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone!
    Been a while since I used MSE forums but I want to give Slimming World a go and know the support in these forums is great!

So I hope you don't mind me joining you!

Still trying to get my head round it all and I'm afraid of the mountain of Easter Eggs that are in my living room - but I will join in with the next challenge from 30th - gives me a few weeks to start myself off!

Right, now to menu plan and order the shopping ��
    Nothing is impossible...
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 April 2017 at 12:01AM
    Options
    shala_moo wrote: »
    Hi all.. hope everyone's had a lovely Easter! :icotbaske

So sorry i missed the first time i read through - you're more than welcome to join the challenge, there are only 2 weeks left (new one should start 1st May) so up to you if you want to give me a target for two weeks or wait for the new one to start. i can add your 4lb loss on for last week :D

Thanks shala-moo.I would love to join for the rest of this challenge.Yes,please start with this weeks' 4lb.So my target for this challenge I will put as 7lb,thank you x

I have had a good day today,SW-wise,though not sure how worthwhile it is trying to make myself eat mushrooms in an effort to get in more speed.Nearly gagged trying to make myself swallow them with breakfast :eek::eek:.Definitely not a food that sparks joy in me!

Brunch (though closer to lunch,really): bacon,eggs,3 tomatoes,mushrooms,1 slice wholemeal toast(HEB),no marg

Snack: a lovely fruit salad-raspberries,strwberries,banana,passionfruit,with 0 percent fat greek yoghurt

Tea: jacket potato with cheese (HEA),bacon,sweet chilli sauce (1 syn),egg mayonnaise (5 syns :eek:-Saver-upper hurriedly adds low-fat mayo to the shopping list!!).
    Now normally,that would be my whole meal,but I also wanted to have something speedy on the side.This is my third time doing SW,and unlike the last 2 times,I really am working as hard as I can to get as much speed in as I can.
    SO for this meal,I made a ratatouilli: orange pepper,red onion,garlic,corgette,tin of tomatoes.It was nice ,and I will make it again (maybe to have with rice as a meal on its own).I just felt it was missing something-dash of tomato paste,maybe?

Now I have had cheese in my meal,I will syn the milk for cups of tea(? 350ml skimmed milk is 7syns-sheesh!)

EDIT:Well,I have looked in old SW books,SW facebook pages,google.....and I can't find an answer.

Can someone tell me how many syns are in skimmed milk?Online I have found guesses of all sorts.At the moment I am going by 100 ml being 2 syns (one of the guestimates I have found,as well as 1/2 syn per tablespoon(!).Can someone else confirm?Thank you.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, Tete and piglet.

Thanks for the Gousto info, shala. I’ll get back to you if I need a code, thanks, but I’m sure I saw a 50% off offer somewhere. No, that’s it ordered – coming on Sunday.

Well done on being SOTW, beanie.

Hiya, jade86123.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Some amazing losses. So inspiring. Well done losers :)

Hugs for the gainers. School holidays can be so hard.

Thanks for the chart Sahal, and well done on SOTW Beanie.

Weigh in for me tonight, and not looking forward to it. Still suffering from the lack of certain food groups in my diet, and also hormones are making me feel rubbish. Need chocolate but not allowed it :(

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - overnight oats
    Lunch - lamb salad (leftover lamb from Sunday)
    Dinner - miso noodles
    Snacks - grapes, strawberries, Skips, sugar free polos

HA - milk
    HB - oats
    Syns - salad dressing (1/2), miso (1/2), Skips (4.5), polos (4 if I eat the whole packet)

Before anyone warns me about the side effects of too many sugar free seat, I know, but with the amount of fibre I'm allowed it's not necessarily a bad thing!
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport